“Terrific place!”
Review of Acadia Suites

Acadia Suites
Acadia Suites
Reviewed 10 August 2009

My wife, two sons, and Grandma stayed at Acadia Suites for a week. This is our second time here. Acadia Suites is a wonderful place. The rooms are spacious and clean. Although the location is not in the center of town, it is quiet and restful, with a creek bubbling along outside our porch. The hotel is perfect for a family with a car who want to explore the island. The owners are wonderful people, and we had a great time here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlieBenSam

Reviewed 14 August 2007

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom. It was very nicely decorated and super well equipped. Cleanliness is not an issue.
Our teen age daughter and a friend joined us for some of our stay and were very comfortable on the fold out coach.
Denise and Bob are wonderful hosts. They make everyone feel welcome as does their wonderful, beautiful, friendly dog, Buddy.
The location is perfect. It is a 10 minute walk to Bar Harbor which is filled many, many interesting shops, restaurants, a beautiful shore walk and access to the free Acadia bus line. You can even walk to the path to Bar Island which is only passable at low tide. At the same time it is nice to retreat to the quiet of this place away from the bussle.
To us this is the perfect place to enjoy Bar Harbor and Acadia Park. We plan on returning next summer for a longer stay.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 23 October 2006

We stayed at Acadia Suites last year and loved it so much we went again this past summer. We recommended the place to other family members who booked a room at the same time as us and we had a blast! They loved the one-bedroom apartment, and we rented the two-bedroom one again--which was large enough for all of us to have meals together. It was just a fun, fun time! My kids love visiting here, and can't wait to go again next year. Yep, we booked our rooms before we even left.

This place is a gem for sure! Clean, well-stocked, comfortable, good size, and very convenient to the main shopping area. Denise and Bob are nice as can be!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chent
Reviewed 20 August 2006

This is a great place. Clean and quiet. Well stocked kitchen with little things like silver foil, zip lock bags, alogn with all the standard things one would find in a well stocked kitchen. The rooms are expansive. I suffer from heat and was nervous since there is no A/C, and was afraid of car noise with the windows open. But even with the windows open, all one heard was the babbling brook outside the window and the fan they provide. I was never hot even in July.

The grill in the back is new and I can not think of one thing I did not like about the place.

Cellphone reception in the Bar Harbour area is spotty, so you will need to use the house phone and for that you will need a calling card so either bring one with you or buy one in town.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank hankn
Reviewed 8 November 2005

Acadia Suites is a privately owned, small facility on the edge of the town, and we were thrilled to have discovered it through the internet. The owners were extremely nice, and they keep the units very clean and comfortable! The price is so reasonable...that is what got our initial attention when looking for a place to stay.

If you are into luxury accomodations, this is probably not the location for you; however, if you want a very clean, apartment-style suite for a visit to Bar Harbor...look at Acadia Suites! The decor is country-style and comfortable...

Photos are available at their site on the internet.
-----.

3  Thank janetcmueller
Reviewed 8 August 2005

If you are planning to visit Bar Harbor, there is no place better than Acadia Suites! My girlfriend and I chose Acadia Suites after a quick search on the internet and we could not have been happier with everything the accomodations, the location and the hosts Denise and Bob had to offer.

ACCOMODATIONS: We stayed in suite #4 which is one of two upstairs units. The door opened to a large living room / dining room. The living room had a couch and recliner and a nice sized TV. The TV actually got about 80 channels - which was such a nice treat after staying in expensive hotels with only seven channels. Don't worry - you'll have plenty to do, but this is just one sort of tidbit that makes a difference...after a day of hiking or biking you can unwind with your favorite program from home. The living room had a hand-made dining table and chairs (we later found out that Bob, the owner, made all the wood furniture himself!) There are sliding doors off the living room / dining room to a small balcony overlooking the backyard. A quick peek revealed a gas BBQ grill we could use to cook up our lobsters and two cute picnic tables. We used the grill only once, because we found the kitchen to be so well appointed. It is a very large kitchen with plenty of counter space. There was a dishwasher, an oven and stove, a microwave, coffee maker and of course a refrigerator. The drawers and cabinets were stocked with dishes, glasses and everything else you could possibly think of.

The bathroom was fairly large with a full sized tub and shower. The water pressure was awesome and Denise made sure we always had plenty of warm towels to dry off with. At one point I think we had something like 15 towels in our unit! She must do laundry 20 hours a day! :)

The very large bedroom has two beds (one queen and one trundle), a dresser and side tables and an enourmous walk in closet complete with an iron and ironing board and a laundry basket for all your dirty clothes. There is a washer and dryer that guests can use - so pack light and bring some quarters for the machine (I think it is $1.25 a load).

EVERYTHING IN THE UNIT WAS SPARKLING CLEAN !!!

There is no air conditioning, but you won't need it! There are plenty of fans and lots of windows to let in the fresh air.

LOCATION: Acadia Suites is just a short walk from the center of Bar Harbor. It took us about 10 minutes to walk into the heart of town via the shortcut that Denise told us about. We don't walk very fast so believe me, it's close! The property is nicely landscaped, the backs of the units have a nice view of the wooded lot and every unit has its own parking space.

YOUR HOSTS: I've saved the best for last. The owners of Acadia Suites are probably two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Denise and Bob made the place feel like a home away from home. The door to the office was open all day and both Denise and Bob were always willing to chat, share funny stories, provide "insider's tips" on where to go both in town and in Acadia National Park and just visit with us. They even provided a beautiful Siberian Husky named "Buddy" for us to play with. It was so nice to "come home" after a day of hiking or shopping and be able to unwind and shoot the breeze. I know that must sound corny - but come meet them and I guarantee you will feel the same way! One of the other reviewers on TripAdvisor mentioned wanting to hug Denise at check-out but he didn't because he thought she'd think he was weird.....well, we DID hug her (and Bob too)....now that I think about it - I hope they don't think we are weird!

I am not including any photos in my review but I did take quite a few of the property and Suite #4. I'd be happy to e-mail you photos if you'd like to see it for yourselves.

If you are coming to Bar Harbor or to Acadia National Park make no mistake - Acadia Suites is the best deal in town and the closest place to home you will ever stay!

Thanks Denise and Bob for making our vacation so memorable!

8  Thank Crazy_Aunt_B
Reviewed 10 March 2004

I have vacationed in Maine each autumn for the last three years. The first year I stayed in a standard motel room. The second year I was taking my adult daughter along on the trip so I needed a larger place with two bedrooms --one for her and one for my husband and I. I came across the website for Acadia Suites on the Internet and thought the rooms looked nice. This was the first time I booked a place that was privately owned (not a chain motel). I was not disappointed. In fact, I was most pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms are at Acadia Suites. The two bedroom suite is a full apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen, bathroom, living room (with gas fireplace), dining area, two nice size bedrooms and a lovely deck (surrounded by trees) with chairs and a grill. The rooms are extremely clean and bright. The owners live on the premises and really take pride in the place. The grounds are lovely--like a little forest retreat. You would never guess that you are just a very short walk (about 10 minutes) fron the hustle-bustle of downtown Bar Harbor. I have also stayed in the one bedroom suite (this year, in Oct. 2003). Again, it is very clean and well decorated. I feel like I am at home while staying there. The kitchen has all the conveniences of home--right down to a dishwasher, baking utensils,blender,coffeemaker, full set of dishes and glassware etc.etc.
Of course, if you want to go out to dinner you can walk to all the restaurants in town--or down to the bay to watch the ships in the harbor. Or you can get up early and eat breakfast in your own little suite before heading off into Acadia National Park which is practically at your back door. It is easy to stock the refrigerator with groceries from the little supermarket in town--which has very reasonable prices for being in a resort town like Bar Harbor. The one bedroom suite has a patio with sliding doors that open out to tall trees, chairs and a barbecue grill. The air outside smells like heaven--so clean and fresh I always wish I could bottle it and take some home with me. If you love nature, Acadia National Park should be on your list of most important places to visit. Go in the fall when the crowds have subsided and you can have the place almost to yourself. You will not regret this trip.
We drive ten hours from Philadelphia and we think it is really worth the time and effort it takes to get there. Staying at Acadia Suites makes our visit extremely pleasant. We couldn't feel more at home or relaxed than when we stay there. It is a place you will want to return to over and over again.

• Stayed: September 2004