Bar Harbor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Balance Rock Inn(Bar Harbor)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Central House(Bar Harbor)
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Morgan House Inn(Bar Harbor)
1,780 results
All reviewsoceanfront lodgereading roomnewport buildingocean frontcontinental breakfastterrace grilllobster bakein townmain buildingmargaret toddoff seasonacadia national parkwalking pathfrenchman's baylobster boatsblueberry piecruise ship
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

For our review we had a room with a water view. The room was quaint. Lovely view. Deck to sit out on. The grounds were well groomed. Breakfast was included and was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay there again if we ever make the trip again

Room Tip: Ask for water view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed here back in April as they were starting up for the season and loved it (shame so much of the town was still closed and the sequestration was affecting the park) but in relation to the hotel it was fabulous. I think we benefited by not being there in peak season and I would encourage anyone with the same opportunity to visit in the quieter period. The location and the view from our room were just magic. We had a small hiccup with the heating and they had it fixed by the time we were back from dinner. (I suspect it was more us then the equipment!) The breakfast buffet was very good and kept well stocked and took advantage of the view. We were most impressed with the restaurant for dinner. We did try another while in town just across the road but the view was not as good, nor the service, but ultimately the food was just so much better at the hotel's restaurant. It is a must to eat here whether or not you stay at the property (although I hope you do). Writing this now after all this time and wishing I was back there. One of the unexpected highlights to a holiday we put together on the run.

Room Tip: Book one with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Since this was our first trip to Bar Harbor, we wanted a room with a great view of the ocean and a balcony. The Bar Harbor Inn was the perfect choice! We stayed in the Oceanfront Lodge on the second floor and had an outstanding view all throughout the day--from the beautiful sunrises to relaxing with some beverages at the end of an active day in Acadia. The hotel and the grounds are absolutely beautiful and so convenient to restaurants and the downtown area. Service was great--we did have a small problem with the heating system on our first night which they handled to our satisfaction. Our room was a nice size and extremely clean and well maintained. Very comfortable bed. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Many years ago, my parents took the long car trip to Bar Harbor, Maine from Brooklyn, NY.
I must have been so impressed with what they told me that I never forgot about it. I did this same wonderful trip from Long Island, NY with a friend not too long ago. We stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn which is in a beautiful location overlooking Frenchman's Bay. One early morning just about sunrise, I opened the doors leading out to a small balcony and saw one of the most enchanting scenes that I have ever been priviledged to see. The sun just coming up shone on the big grey boulders sitting in the beautiful calm blue waters. The silence and majesty of the moment seemed otherworldly. The hotel itself is charming and has grandeur. The inside dining room is elegant but the lobster dinners we had on the outside dining patio cannot be compared to dining anywhere else. We did the usual tourist sightseeing, the trip to Acadia National Park, and the two hour boating adventure. You don't have to go to foreign lands to see beauty, it's right here in Maine, USA.

Room Tip: Make sure you book rooms with a view of Frenchman's Bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Musiclover869
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This place closes for the season Sunday 11/10/2013! FYI

Having said this, the AAA price they gave over the phone, $98, was $12 cheaper than Hotels.com...included free WiFi, free parking, and free Continental Breakfast. It was facing ocean and we had phenomenal sunrise views. You also have a terrace with table and chairs. Rooms 301/302/303 all face the back wall of seems to be a swimming pool when you go in/out of the room which was not so nice. The room was small (which the gal told me on the phone) with one large king bed.

Regular coffeemaker and fridge. The restaurant and bar were another story. The restaurant furniture is in dire need of updating. Felt like a scene out of the Overlook Hotel in the Shining. Prices off the hook. We meandered through a ghostly town. Almost everything was locked up for the season We ate dinner at Geddy's across the street from the hotel - AVOID AT ALL COSTS - but that's a different review!!

Oh and their WiFi was not fast which was more annoying because I told the gal on the phone that that was most important to us. Took a long time for pages to load.

It was a nice enough place to stay off season though. To be honest, I can't say I would want to stay here in their busy season.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple