Bar Harbor Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bar Harbor Villager Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$131
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$102
BestWestern.com
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$120
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$162
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$152
Travelocity
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
US$245
Hotwire.com
The Colony on Frenchman's Bay(Hulls Cove)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
1,780 results
All reviewsoceanfront lodgereading roomnewport buildingocean frontcontinental breakfastterrace grilllobster bakein townmain buildingmargaret toddoff seasonacadia national parkwalking pathfrenchman's baylobster boatsblueberry piecruise ship
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Stayed there for 3 nights. Upon checking in, I almost checked out. First, the lobby is old and tired and dark. Second and more important is the elevator was filthy. The carpeting had not been vacuumed in weeks and even if it had been it was filthy, filthy filthy! Finger marks and smudge marks and scuffs on the walls and doors. Upon exiting the elevator we were overwhelmed by a smell. Unfortuantely the unpleasant odor reminded me of a stale nursing home...GROSS!!!!!
The carpeting in the hallway was as unclean as the elevator.
Our room was okay. The furniture is dated faux colonial. There are not enough lamps in the room and I believe that contributed to the overall dismal impression I had. Our room was clean enough even though the carpeting should be replaced and a fresh bright coat of paint could cheer things up a bit. On the positive side, the balcony view was wonderful but on the balcony we could have done without the gum that was stuck to the floor and the worn out rocking chairs that had probably been there since the eighties.
The housekeeper came into our room while my husband was in the shower and I was on the balcony. Is it standard for them to sneak in and out while we are using the room? If my husband had walked out of the bathroom while the lady was in there turning down the bed he would not have been too happy!
Did I bring any of this to the hotel's attention? Yes, upon checkout I let the staff know about the filthy carpets and the stinky hallways. I understand that the manager will respond to this review and admonish me for not notifying them earlier in my stay, but really, would they be able to accomplish all that needed to be fixed in three days?
The bed was comfortable, the shower nice and strong.
I can't review the restaurant because I was worried the kitchen would be as unkempt as the hallways and elevator.
The location was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindz3
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful time. Everyone was friendly and helpful no matter what their position. The room was clean, comfortable w. a beautiful view of the harbor. Food was incredible. The Chief was accommadating to my special diet. The waitress were friendly, fun, and very accommodating too. I would go back in a heartbeat.
The only thing I wish Bar Harbor had is nitely music in the park. It would of been nice to be able to sit , look out at the harbor and listen to music.
Thanks for a great time.
Sandie & David Houle

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We recently went on a girls-only trip to the Bar Harbor Inn. I can't say enough about the resort and the personnel. We stayed in the main inn on a 5 night Summer Delight package. Our balcony was overlooking Frenchman's Bay and the view was unbelievable. Our room was immaculate and quite large. The food in the Reading Room Restaurant was delicious and we had our choice of menu, both dinner and breakfast. The lobster bake on the lawn was a rare treat. We opted for a sail on the Margaret Todd as one of our package choices. Seals and harbor dolphins swam right next to the schooner. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank PG38
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Beautiful hotel, pristine grounds, breathtaking views, five star dining. The hotel staff were the best. We had a package plan that included full breakfasts and dinners and we have never eaten more on vacation. The menu had something for everybody.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank momma02762
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Swing set, pool, spa, room service and short walk to Bar Harbor - make this place very amenable to families. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would come back again! Just a bit pricey for high season, somewhat understandable though.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family