“Best View and Location Down East!”
Review of Bar Harbor Inn

Bar Harbor Inn
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Richboro, Pennsylvania
“Best View and Location Down East!”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We love Acadia National Park! The natural beauty and the abundance of scenic hiking trails makes this a family vacation that we have taken for the past two years. The icing on the cake to this trip is returning to the Oceanfront Lodge at the end of a long day of hiking to relax quietly with a spectacular view of Frenchman's Harbor and the Porcupine Islands.

The rooms are well-appointed, clean and perfect for enjoying the most incredible view in Bar Harbor.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The Bar Harbor Inn was the best hotel our family has stayed in. It was a great location, overlooking the Harbor and all the shopping and dining you could ask for within
a few minute walk. We stayed in the Newport rooms which were very clean and in great condition. Also, there was a small patio with chairs which was nice. The food at the hotel was great and the staff was always pleasant and very helpful. The cookies and homemade lemonade in the lobby every night were the best! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at the Inn with a group of friends to celebrate the birthday of one of us. The rooms, the service, the overall ambiance were all outstanding. We had one dinner and one lunch at the facility and both were simply great. The spa facility and service were absolutely great. I'd go back in a minute.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Nine of us stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn this past weekend to celebrate the birthday of a dear friend. The setting is beautiful; the Inn is absolutely charming and comfortable; the food was delicious; the spa was great! The Dining Room hostess and staff were particularly welcoming and accommodating and helped make the stay an absolute delight. I would not hesitate to recommend the Bar Harbor Inn to anyone. The only down side was that I should have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
TAIWAN
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We enjoyed the nice atmosphere of Bar harbor by staying in this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DDS.LO
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2010

The top draw here, in my opinion, is the location; it is fantastic! Beyond that, the landscaping and grounds are beautiful, the service is impeccable, and the beds were actually quite nice.

I needed an allen wrench for something and thought, as a shot in the dark, I'd call the front desk and ask. They immediately sent someone to my room with a set of wrenches. From this to the people that staffed the breakfast, everyone was very helpful.

I only have four minor complaints. First, the rooms (decor, furniture, etc.) seem a bit dated. Second, my room (713) had some odd wiring issues where certain light switches acted funny and turned off seemingly illogical lights (or none at all). Third, the free internet is an agonizingly slow 128k. Lastly, I saw a cockroach in my room one evening.

Overall, this is a great place. The front desk staff seemed interested in getting the cockroach situation taken care of when I brought it to their attention. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in Bar Harbor.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lolwut
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Stayed there for 3 nights. Upon checking in, I almost checked out. First, the lobby is old and tired and dark. Second and more important is the elevator was filthy. The carpeting had not been vacuumed in weeks and even if it had been it was filthy, filthy filthy! Finger marks and smudge marks and scuffs on the walls and doors. Upon exiting the elevator we were overwhelmed by a smell. Unfortuantely the unpleasant odor reminded me of a stale nursing home...GROSS!!!!!
The carpeting in the hallway was as unclean as the elevator.
Our room was okay. The furniture is dated faux colonial. There are not enough lamps in the room and I believe that contributed to the overall dismal impression I had. Our room was clean enough even though the carpeting should be replaced and a fresh bright coat of paint could cheer things up a bit. On the positive side, the balcony view was wonderful but on the balcony we could have done without the gum that was stuck to the floor and the worn out rocking chairs that had probably been there since the eighties.
The housekeeper came into our room while my husband was in the shower and I was on the balcony. Is it standard for them to sneak in and out while we are using the room? If my husband had walked out of the bathroom while the lady was in there turning down the bed he would not have been too happy!
Did I bring any of this to the hotel's attention? Yes, upon checkout I let the staff know about the filthy carpets and the stinky hallways. I understand that the manager will respond to this review and admonish me for not notifying them earlier in my stay, but really, would they be able to accomplish all that needed to be fixed in three days?
The bed was comfortable, the shower nice and strong.
I can't review the restaurant because I was worried the kitchen would be as unkempt as the hallways and elevator.
The location was fantastic.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple