Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$113
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$152
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$102
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$108
Quimby House Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$125
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$545
US$162
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$162
Travelocity
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$119
Travelocity
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
US$192
Hotwire.com
1,010 results
All reviewslooking glass restaurantgreat roompiano playermassage chairthe stenna nordica buildingindoor poolfrenchman's baymain buildinggas fireplaceprivate balconydouble sinksin townfourth flooracadia national parkking suitehot tubcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bluenose Inn. The location is not right in the "downtown" area of Bar Harbor, but it is a very short drive (less than 5 minutes). The rooms are very clean with great quality linens and toiletries and comfortable beds. Having the fridge and Keurig in the room was great. We used both the indoor and outdoor pools and were impressed with both, as well as the fitness room, steam room and hot tub. We stayed in the Stenna Nordica building and had no issues with the room. The view from our room was absoutely wonderful. We ended up staying an extra night and the staff were very helpful in extending our reservation during a very busy time. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. We also ate at the on-site restaurant. While the food was good and the view was fabulous, the service was a bit slow and it was a bit pricey. The coffee, hot chocolate and sometimes cookies in the lobby were a great bonus as well.

Room Tip: If you are in the Stenna Nordica building, choose a higher level floor if possible. This building does not have private balconies, but does have chairs outside each room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would join us again if you are able to return to Bar Harbor.

We enjoy the fact that we are a little bit away from the downtown area, yet we are within walking distance and offer a shuttle service, in season, from our sister property the Wonder View which is next door.

I hope you were able to spend an evening in the Great Room listening to piano, with Bill Trowell while you were here. If not, then you definitely must come back!

I appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the small touches such as the refridgerator, Keurig and cookies.

Happy travels,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The Bluenose Inn was rather old but 'well kept up'. It's main restaurant food didn't live up to what I expected nor did it's description as a 'glass-walled structure offering a beautiful view' (my expectations based on it's description of the write-up of it on the web-page of the Bluenose Inn). I also wished the single bathroom in our room was better ventilated. I was told on the phone when I reserved our stay at the Bluenose Inn that the 3rd floor rooms would have newly installed mattresses but, if they were indeed brand new, my back ached as if that we're not the case. But, despite all these complaints, I hope to never forget the breath-taking, beautiful view from our balcony and I really enjoyed eating outside for breakfast at the Bluenose Inn's restaurant. The first night we also enjoyed the piano music in the great room too. The staff at the Inn were always gracious and helpful as you could ever hope for.

Room Tip: We stayed at the building called the Nordica. It was a little outdated but well kept up. There was another building offering higher priced accommodations, but I was satisfied with where we choose to stay. The 3rd floor is the best choice, why? It offers beautiful view as well as a comfortable place to sit in the morning sun on the shared balcony outside your room, best of all, there's no running or bouncing noise above you to disturb quite peaceful nights or early morning sleep-ins
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It sounds as though you had a very successful trip and a good stay with us. Now that you are familiar with our property you will know exactly what to ask for, and we would love to have you back.

I am sorry that you were disappointed in some of your experience at the Looking Glass, it sounds as though you found your way to the deck for breakfast though and it enjoyed it. I appreciate your time with us and the time you took here to tell us about it!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The property is very clean and well-maintained. The rooms are HUGE and very comfortable. We didn't really use any of the amenities (well... you don't go to Bar Harbor for indoor pool or hotel drink bar, right?) so there is not much I can write about it.This is a very pleasant, comfortable and rather high-end place to stay. However, it's pricey so if you don't want to use the spa or the pool you may want to find something less fancy.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 buildings. Both have windows on the ocean side but one is closer to the cliff (Mizzentop building). You definitely want to stay there. The view is just gorgeous!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
hospitality04609, General Manager at Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our beautiful hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you didn't spend much time enjoying the amenities on the property and hope that you will come again and do so next time. We have one of the best restaurants in Bar Harbor, The Looking Glass and every night of the week offer piano in the Great Room Lounge which is considered by many to be some of the finest live music available to the public in Bar Harbor.

Well, you will just have to stay with us again!

Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Pros: The staff: everyone was so nice and accomodating. We arrived to learn that we had booked in the building facing the parking lot and not the ocean. Though ocean was visible it had an akward communal balcony so it would be hard to enjoy the view without loosing privacy. I asked the front desk person to help us move to the main building. The computers were down but she called us 20 minutes into checking in with the good news. It was a little more money but worth every penny.

Also we lost some of the trinkets we bought some staff found it in the parking lot and based on the credit card receipt figured out that it belonged to us and brought it back to our room. Though it was small souveniers it was sooo appreciated that the staff went through all that effort.

Rooms in the main building: beautiful view, fireplace in each room which helped in the cool evenings.
Indoor pool: we never enjoyed the outdoor pool because even in august it is burr cold. My daughter (7 years old) loved ending the day in the pool and we in the hot tub attached to it. There is also steam room.
Coffee hot chocolate available 24/7:... You might not think it's a big deal but after a long day of hike or chilly walk by the ocean its great to walk by the lobby and grab those and sometimes you might get lucky and have warm cookies their as well. My daughter squealed in delight when she found the cookies. They went fast.

distance to town; Though it's not in the middle of town, it's only one mile out. I jogged every morning to it and back. Parking was never an issue when we drove into town if you don't mind walking few blocks to your destination.

Cons:
Noise: Though the views and balcony are nice, it faces the road so you are constantly hearing cars zipping by unless you close the door.
Restaurant: They are not reasonably priced. We ended up going into town for all of the meals.
I wish the bar offered snacks small meals mid day as well. We usually came in the afternoon mid activity and unless we bought snacks with us and no food available to purchase.

Room Tip: Highlest floors. 3rd or 4th.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anamika

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you appreciated our staff and facility so much. We provide the small touches such as warm cookies, coffee and hot chocolate because we know these are things that we appreciate when away from home. It is always great to hear that our guests notice and appreciate these details.

I am a little disappointed that it sounds like you were not aware of our lunch to go program. We provide a door hanger that you could have put outside at the end of your day to order boxed lunches for the next day. It sounds like this might have come in handy. I will look in to why this information was not conveyed to you.

I am also sorry to hear that you were not comfortable with the prices at the Looking Glass. We are priced comparatively to our direct competitors but we do have a higher end restaurant on our property. I am sure you were able to find some great alternatives downtown.

Again, thank you for spending your vacation with us, I hope you will be back !

Jim Ash
General Manager and Co-Owner

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is everything that you would want and more in a Hotel. We came out of Quebec and between there and Bar Harbor there is very little choice. As a result we called and booked one of the few rooms left in the Bar Harbor area. Talking with them we were able to get together on a room on the top floor. Yes, It was more than what I would pay for for a normal room. But this was no Normal room! It was huge, with a fire place, and the balcony doors opened to the Bay. If you are looking for a great room, this is it! It is worth the little extra that it cost, and like most things, everything is negotiable! And they are willing to meet all of your needs.

Room Tip: get the 4th floor facing the bay..........WOW!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and it is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your room here. It sounds like you stayed in one of our beautiful rooms in the Mizzentop. These rooms (and some suites) are indeed luxurious and offer a fabulous view of the bay.

I hope you were able to spend some time with us at the restaurant and in the Great Room while you were here as well. We also have wonderful indoor and outdoor pools as well as a full service spa. We would love to have you back and are very happy to have been a part of your recent vacation.