“Family Climb Was Awesome”

Acadia Mountain Guides Climbing School
Ranked #1 of 48 Tours in Bar Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: A tradition of excellence. Featured in Outside Magazine, the Boston Globe, Downeast Magazine, National Geographic Adventure and on Bill Green's Maine, CBS, Maine PBS among many others. Experience a half-day or full day climb with Maine’s original and most respected climbing school. Acadia Mountain Guides is one of the most sought out leaders of climbing instruction and guide education in the US. We specialize in designing unique, personalized climbing experiences for all ages and abilities on the scenic shores of Acadia and throughout Maine! Join us for a healthy and fun activity that is guaranteed to be a highlight of your vacation.All equipment is provided. Unlike other local seasonal climbing services, guiding is our profession! We guide year round on rock, snow, and ice. 100% of our staff are independently trained and certified above national guiding and medical standards set by the American Mountain Guides Association and the Professional Climbing Instructors Association. AMGCS has the distinction of being the only school in Maine to be dually accredited by both the AMGA and the PCIA. AMG has been under the same consistent ownership since opening in 1993. The owner, Jon Tierney, began guiding in 1983 in Acadia and is one of a handful of Americans to earn the International Federation of Mountain Guides Association (IFMGA) guide license. The IFMGA license is the PhD of guiding and requires full AMGA certification as a rock, alpine and ski mountaineering guide. We look forward to meeting you on the rocks!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Did the half day family climb. Kids ranged from 7 to 12. The guide was great and was very good with the younger ones. Everyone had an awesome time.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our Guide Mark took us to Otter Cliff for our first ever rock climbing adventure. We loved everything about it! The repelling, belaying, and learning about all of the devices involved, made this a top 5 adventure for my Husband and I. Our guide was knowledgeable, professional, and more importantly, a blast to spend 4 hours with! We would definitely recommend this to everyone. We will be repeat customers for sure.

4  Thank DC1997
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We had a large party from 5 y/o kids to adults with sports and climbing background. They tailored the experience so that everyone had a good time!
Summer the guide took my 9y/o daughter under her wing.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friend and I went climbing for a half day in Acadia National Park today. This was her first time climbing and I climb fairly regularly in a gym (albeit very poorly). This was a great trip. Mike, our guide, was fantastic. He managed to balance out our comfort levels really well, so we both got some really great experiences. My friend is really excited to go again, which speaks volumes about how comfortable and safe we felt. Rappelling over the surf on Otter Cliffs was simply astounding- I grew up and live in Maine and I still had to stop and think "wow, I seriously just did that". You can't really explain the feeling climbing a granite face, smelling the salt air, and hearing waves crashing. Once in a lifetime.
Until I go again....
Like, tomorrow.

Do this, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a great day out with Dick on the gorgeous granite of Acadia. He was 100% professional -- patient, precise, friendly, and above all SAFE. I had such a great time on Friday that I came back and climbed with him again on Sunday!