“Make the Effort to Find this Place”
Review of Basta Pasta Enoteca - CLOSED

Basta Pasta Enoteca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The four of us had just had a nice time visiting the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and we always like to eat at a restaurant for a late lunch or early dinner on our way out of Boston. We heard of Basta Pasta and thought it would be worth a stop on our way home to Rhode Island. We arrived around 1:00PM on a Wednesday. The restaurant was not crowded and it appeared the lunch crowd was over. There appeared to be one server, two cooks, and a bartender. We ordered two appetizers: arancini and a caprese salad. Both dishes were excellent and wet our appetites for our main courses. We each ordered something different: homemade fusilli bolognese, homemade fusilli meatballs pomodoro, mushroom risotto, and chicken picatta. Each dish was excellently prepared and presented. We sampled each other's dishes and loved them all. The portions are large but are so tasty that you run the risk of trying to finish the dish and falling into a food coma. You can easily make two lunch meals out of each dish. We all split a perfectly made tiramisu. A perfect way to end an excellent meal. Our service was excellent and our food arrived in a timely fashion. The prices are very reasonable and I would definitely return to Basta Pasta again and again.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I loved my Mushroom Risotto! the steak with it was delicious and the Chicken Piccatta was better than the North Ends I have had. Local spot with the best food at reasonable prices!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We're not quite regulars but we often visit, sit at the bar, and enjoy a good meal at a reasonable price considering the quality of the food. I just tried a pizza with home made sausage and sweet peppers. FABULOUS!!!!!

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

We live in Marina Bay and we have been on this place many times, even when was another restaurant. The food is very good. Good wines as well. When is full it may be a bit noise. We will return. My wife loves the fusili.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stopped in here on the advice of my hairdresser. I had driven by a dozen times, but had not stopped in because of construction in the area. Since that first visit, we have gotten gift certificates and had them cater my family Christmas open house. The food is fresh, delicious, and there is always leftovers. The service and owners couldn't be better. My husband thinks that they have the best meatballs that he has ever tasted. Stop in, I promise it will become one of your favorites.

1  Thank Kathy B