Boston Marriott Quincy
US$196
US$171
Agoda.com
US$164
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree(Braintree)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$185
Motel 6
US$152
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parknice hoteltrain stationparking feeper dayclam chowderbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsshuttle servicecape codeasy accessminute driveoff the highwaydunkin donutsfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked this hotel because our children were looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool. Sadly, the pool was not open at all during our stay, with no apologies from the staff. The advertised pool hours (online and in the hotel's in-room book) are not honored and no explanation is given.

The room was a typical room - 2 doubles beds, a desk, a small dresser, a closet, a bathroom with a tub/shower combination. There is not a refrigerator in the room. We had a view of the city from our room which was nice. The staff were pleasant and it was quite as we slept.

The commute into Boston took about 10 minutes by car on the weekend (without traffic). On the nearby T (not walkable from the hotel due to the steep hill), the commute is about 20 minutes.

The concierge lounge has a nice layout and friendly staff. The breakfast was buffet style with many choices.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Will not stay here again. Stayed at this hotel for a wedding, the guests were all staying at this hotel although the wedding was held elsewhere. They must have over booked or been under staffed as the service was terrible!!! There were jut too many events going on that weekend. Guess there was also a soccer tournament, so with that and the many weddings held at the hotel, it was overcrowded. That I would have been okay with, it was just the service due to lack of inadequate planning of needed employees.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback concerning your stay. I am so sorry you were disappointed with your visit and the overall staff being busy with the many activities happening that particular weekend. I can imagine that must have been frustrating. Please let me know if you have an opportunity to visit the area again and I will ensure you have an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a romantic getaway weekend in Boston for her birthday. We had an overall agreeable experience with a nice package we bought directly from the website wich included the parking fees, wifi connection and 2 breakfast buffet. We were thrilled at having scored this bargain deal and we planned to tell our friends in Canada about this good plan for visiting Boston. Room was clean and nice, and service was acceptable overall. However we had the surprise to find out after returning to Canada that the hotel charged us 40 $ for the breakfasts we had in included in our package. Although this left a bitter aftertaste to our experience, we simply thought it was a mistake and contacted them by phone to inform them and ask them to call us back, since no 1800 number to call back. Several days later, we didn't have call back from accounts, so we emailed them. No comebacks on this either. We finally dealed with our credit card company to have this charged reversed since we never heard about the hotel after several communications on our part. We sincerely think that a mistake is forgettable, but not calling back and taking action after it is brought to attention is downright negligent and show a total lack of respect. Again, we had to call our credit card company and have the situation declared as a fraudulent. Don't understand the attitude of this hotel chain, who can afford to lose it's name, especially under such trivial matters. All that was needed was a call back !!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly concerning your experience since this is not typical of Marriott or the Boston Quincy Marriott. I will investigate the circumstances fully to understand how this ended on a sour note. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Friendly, efficient staff. Pristinely clean rooms. Very comfortable bed. Great shower with excellent pressure. Hotel pool has weird hours and was never open when I went down to use it. Unique lamps on the nightstands with multiple electrical outlets. Great for plugging in phone, computer, etc. Bring your own water, as you will be charged $1.50 a bottle to drink theirs. $12.95 charge a day for internet is ridiculous, as is the $12 parking charge. No refrigerator in our room. I was continually running to ice machine to keep my medication cold. Convenient to T stop and they provided a shuttle. Or plenty of places to park at the T stop.

Great view from my 5th floor room.

Room Tip: odd numbered rooms on the 5th floor have a great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SewFine802
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My family and I really enjoyed staying here. We stayed in a few places this holiday that were not up to scratch. It was a welcome relief to be treated like people here and not just a number. The room service was especially good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family