“Comfortable and close”

Boston Marriott Quincy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had to be in Canton, MA for a morning meeting so I needed a hotel. Local friends steered me to the Marriott and they were not wrong. It is a good hotel for the business traveler, centrally located, comfortable room, good internet service and a decent reataurant on premises.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thanks for the kind words! If you'll be in the area again we hope you will book at the Quincy Marriott!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a very nice hotel property - not sure how old or if they just refurbished, but it was in excellent condition.

The staff was great, very nice and helpful. We used a free night certificate to stay here, and the cert didn't qualify for us to stay in Boston proper. The Quincy area was convenient for our drive further south the next day for a wedding.

Good dining options in the hotel. We went out for dinner, but it was obvious by the crowds in the bar and restaurant that they were having a good time. Looked like a great option if you prefer to eat in.

The breakfast buffet was quite nice as well. Eggs to order, waffles, and a full compliment of fruits, yogurt, and all the fixings. Only one knock - the omelette station was pretty basic. Any cheese you wanted, as long it was cheddar, no spinach, etc. But all in all a very nice buffet.

We had a nice view looking north to the city. Parking $12 a night. One funny side note - if you see a photo of the hotel with water in front, such as the one I'm looking at right now here on tripadvisor, one gets the impression this hotel sits on water. Not the case. It sits on the top of a hill, surrounded by parking lots, office buildings, and a highway. I kept looking around for the water - and finally found a very small pond down the road a bit. No doubt a very creative photographer framed up that shot.

So great hotel - just not on the water.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bradley C
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a group of teens hanging out in the hallway outside our room at midnight, and the front desk supposedly called security but no one showed up. Would not stay here or recommend it to others. Lots of big groups staying here. Poor planning to put them right next to individuals or couples wanting a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jolico427
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I apologize you were unhappy with your latest visit. I understand your frustration with your stay, and this is certainly not the way we would like our guests to feel. Your comments will be used to make improvements in the future. If you decide to visit again we would be happy to block you in a quiet room.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Beautiful hotel not far off the highway with a great view of the surrounding areas and Boston skyline. Having read a few tripadvisor reviews prior to our arrival, I was pleasantly greeted by a young man named Brad, whom I had just read about. He greeted us with a big smile, was very attentive and couldn't have been more accommodating with my requests. I asked for a room with a view, and later asked for a rollaway cot. Both requests immediately acknowledged and accommodated, and used my name each time he interacted with me. The hotel was nicely decorated and very clean. The room was spacious enough to meet our needs, however be prepared for a bed that is very "firm". I suppose some people like that. I did not, and woke up in the middle of the night very uncomfortable. The bar tenders at the bar off to the right of the lobby were very friendly, attentive. Try the Expresso Martini... it's delicious! There is a fee for parking, but it's only about $12 per night. Some hotels charge far more, so this was ok. All in all, a good choice for our stay and would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a city view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Arrived into Boston for a 2 night business trip. My group had 2 rooms - both of whcih were clean, tidy and well serviced. The front desk staff were friendly and professional. One of the days I had breakfast in the restaurant. I ordered from the menu as opposed to the buffet breakfast. The server didnt seem overly attentive not gave great customer service but wasnt rude. The view from the hotel was great. We found the location really handy both to the freeway and to a big mall - a good selection of restaurants. I used the hotel gym both days and althought it was busy I was able to get some space for a good workout with the standard selection of equipment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RunnerAkl
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was my 3rd stay. All of them were for business. I love the check in and check out process. Is it a US thing, or is it a Marriot thing? It is so simplified and easy! It has a nice bar with some good food options. The buffet for the breakfast is not the best. Try to order your breakfast to your room. You pay a bit more but it is much better.
They have a very nice shuttle service for the businesses around.
Service is very fast and good, the staff is helpful and they know what they are doing.
As a result I am another satisfied customer.

Room Tip: 9th floor is the executive floor. You get to have some finger food.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your positive comments concerning your recent stay. I am happy you had the opportunity to stay multiple times and look forward to your visits in the future. We are always open to suggestions so if you have specific recommendations to make our breakfast buffet better I am happy to share with our food and beverage team. Please let me know. Hopefully you’ll be able to stay for pleasure soon; our shuttle can also bring you to the “T” so you can enjoy Boston!

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

What a great view of Boston.... From the parking lot! How sad that there's no view from any of the public rooms. A great location wasted.
However it's a nice hotel with a good restaurant and bar (with a limited beer selection).
Apart from the names of the meeting rooms, there's nothing to distinguish it from a hotel in Peoria.

Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
1 mi away
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Residence Inn Boston Braintree
Howard Johnson Quincy
Nantasket Beach Resort

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!