“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent one night here for my cousins wedding. Very nice hotel. Clean updated very comfortable rooms. Quiet...except for the hotel fire alarm going off at 3 am. LOL There was a faulty switch in one of the elevators and the hotel had to evacuate. Service was great too.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor....There are 9 floors in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne K
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Joanne,
Thanks for your review. I am truly sorry that the fire alarm interrupted your otherwise positive visit and you were left with an undesirable view of the hotel. I can assure you this does not happen often, and I hope you were able to take advantage of the continental breakfast that we had available to our guests in the morning. Please contact me in the future when you visit Quincy. I promise you will enjoy your visit entirely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Caraquet, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this property for two nights as we were in town to see a show. Arrived in mid-afternoon, check-in was quick and efficient, ample parking is available for a fee. Since this hotel is on top of a rather steep hill, just about any room above the 4th floor will give you a nice view.

The free shuttle service to the nearby Quincy Adams Station is handy and quick. A ride on the Red Line to Downtown Crossing station in Boston takes about 25 minutes. The free shuttle will also take you to the South Shore Mall if you're in the mood for some shopping.

Didn't try the restaurant as there was a convention at the hotel on the nights we stayed and it was way too busy! We did, however, stop by the bar for a quick drink. It was nice - nothing out of the ordinary, but very good.

Room Tip: North facing room is preferred for both the view of the city and it's quieter (south facing room...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights for a work conference in june. I want to give this hotel more stars buy I can't as you'll see below.
We took the logan express to Braintree from the airport and then called the hotel to come pick us up...since the hotel was only 3 miles away. It took 30 min for him to get to us. The driver was very friendly, however, and we arrived to the hotel quickly. Check in took several minutes due to the fact no one was manning the desk. I was shocked since this is a large hotel. There was a mix up in how the room was being paid for. Our boss was supposed to have been sent a card approval form prior to us arriving and never was, so the front desk made me give my own credit card for the room. My boss had to call them to straighten everything out. When we booked the room we were not guaranteed 2 double beds, so I was pleased when we did receive a room that we wanted. However, it reaked of BO! Everything appeared spotlessly clean. I even smelled the sheets and carpet before deciding it was the maid who cleaned our room that must have needed a bath. We decided to keep the door open for a while and not change rooms unless the odor didn't subside since we were afraid of losing our double beds and I didnt want to deal with the front desk again.
The hotel is less than a mile from the Metro so we used the hotel shuttle to take us there. Coming back was another story. There is only 1 shuttle for this large hotel and it was an hour away. So we were told to take a courtesy bus which refused to give us a ride. The hotel then told us they'd send a taxi! Crazy. We coukd have walked back quicker.
There are 3 'restaurants' at the hotel. All 3 are attached to each other. The Lounge serves food from the steakhouse. The room service is also a shorter menu of the steakhouse. So really, there's a steakhouse and a irish Pub. Food was good and service was okay. They had a make shift Starbucks in The Lounge in the mornings which was nice but the quality of true starbucks was missing.
The business center was adequate. The computer system was very protected so I was not able to log into my usual work applications. Fortunately, I was at least able to check my email, although opening links from them didnt work either.
The conference area is the nicest I've seen in a hotel. Lots of different rooms, all with chandeliers for lighting. Ability to have multiple different sessions going at once. Perfect for what I was attending.
Overall-

Pros:
Close to Metro
Food options
Clean
Great for conferences

Cons:
Disorganized front desk
Only 1 shuttle bus
Stinky room (hopefully this was a fluke).

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StefRN84
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I would be happy to speak with you about all of your concerns and comments directly when you have the opportunity. Until then, I want to thank you for your candid feedback.
We do need a guaranteed method of payment prior to checking in to a guestroom; this is a swipe of a credit card or an authorization form with a signature. It appears that this may have been the disconnect with your company paying for the room, and I am sorry that this made it seem as the desk was unorganized.

I would be frustrated with the shuttle transportation after my visit as well. We do operate 3 shuttle buses; two are 12 passenger vans and the third is a smaller minivan. The service from Logan Express is our hotel shuttle, and I will follow up with our operations team. The other shuttle however is through the office park. We have had multiple complaints from our guests as of recent, and this is certainly not the service we want our guests to experience. We will continue to look for alternatives during peak service times for our guests.

The positive comments on our meeting space, food and cleanliness are much appreciated. We do have a nice mix of space including an outdoor courtyard and boardroom. In addition, we have a weekly “Fresh Sheet” of seasonal food items that anyone can order if they are interested in something other than the typical pub, room service and steak entrees. We would love to have you back to try something from this menu.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It's a really nice hotel located on a hilltop. I've stayed here several times. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The executive lounge is efficiently run and has everything one expects at one of these lounges.

The free shuttle is reliable and convenient for outbound trips to a nearby mall (with restaurants) or the T station. But in the morning and evening rush hour, their own shuttle does not run. Instead, a community shuttle serves the hotel. It makes numerous stops before it gets to the hotel from the T station or vice versa. The hotel staff did a very poor job of explaining this when I arrived in rush hour at the T stop and called them to ask them to send their shuttle to pick me up. After waiting for over an hour for a Marriott shuttle, and after repeated calls to the hotel, I started asking every shuttle that stopped there if they were going to the Marriott. Finally, an unhappy shuttle driver rudely told me that he only served the hotel until a certain time and after that the hotel was responsible for sending its own shuttle. He did take me to the hotel, after he made all other stops, but it was done as a favor, I was told.

Room Tip: The Boston skyline can be seen in the distance from rooms facing north.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks for the detailed account of your visit, and your positive notes of the room and location. During peak times we have contracts with businesses in the area to complete pick-ups and drop-offs with our shuttle for hotel guests. We did see a need to offer an alternative so we utilize the office park shuttle for our other guests. Unfortunately, it seems as though this shuttle service was not a positive experience like we had anticipated. I will follow up with our contact to ensure our guests are getting the best service not only from our employees, but also from those employees assisting our guests under all circumstances. I understand this caused some frustration with your visit and hope you will return in the future so we can rectify any issues.
Hawaii
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is located just a short 2 minute drive from the "T", making travel into Boston so very quick and easy. Located at the top of a hill with an entrance that is hidden from the drive up, this hotel will surprise you with its size. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful from check in to check out. The wait staff in Hancocks are also very friendly, especially Susan, we enjoyed her wonderful smile and service. Our room was clean,comfortable and spacious. The elevators were quick for a hotel of this size. The breakfast buffet is very reasonable at $16/day, great way to start your day. There is a hotel shuttle to the "T" until 9:30 PM which runs every half hour.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KiheiSands
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thanks for all the high ratings! We’ll be sure to praise the staff, especially Susan, for taking care of you, our guest. We strive to make an impression and it looks like we did! Cheers!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is your average Marriott, comfortable but not fancy. Unlike the Marriott resorts, no bathrobes, slippers, etc, but the rooms are clean and well lighted, the beds are comfortable and there are signs on all the floors warning that noise after 11 can be grounds for eviction (considering this appears to be a very popular hotel for wedding parties.)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We do like to be consistent with the Marriott so you can count on a comfortable room, bed and atmosphere. Since the weather in New England is mainly unpredictable, there are certain months of the year that are busier for weddings in this particular region. We cater to all guests, and although we may have wedding parties, we have other guests that we do not want to be inconvenienced by their celebrations. Thanks for noticing!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Did not choose the hotel as it was chosen by the Father-of-the-Bride for out of town guests but we were very pleased with this hotel. Room/bathroom was very very clean and comfortable. They allowed early check-in as well. The bell staff was fantastic with helping family members in finding places for hair and nails as well as shopping for some items for the wedding.
Only issue I had was the parking charge of $12 but then for 2 out of the three days the parking gates were left up and open but I was still charged for three day parking. I did not understand the explanation of the desk clerk which I think boiled down to we checked in on Friday so we had to pay for the weekend. Other than that I would now choose this hotel on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
We are happy to see the Boston Quincy Marriott is your choice when you visit the area in the future! Thanks for staying and can't wait to have you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Howard Johnson Quincy
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 7 in Braintree

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!