“Very nice room but expensive internet”

Boston Marriott Quincy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Quincy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very nice room but expensive internet”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This full service Marriott is very clean and well-maintained. I would have given it 5 stars if they did not charge $12.95 per day for internet access from your room. To access the Web for free, you need to go down to the lobby (which defeats the purpose of the nice room) of have a high Marriott status. Everyone else has free internet in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Coleen W, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Pastelsharon, Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. Our team works hard to up keep and maintain our hotel so that it shines for our guests. As a full service property we do charge for internet in our guest rooms and offer it complimentary in our lobby and restaurants. We have designed our lobby with different seating areas designed for both the working and leisure traveler looking to relax and check emails or prepare a work report or presentation. We also offer a business center that gives our guests the access to use a computer if they did not travel with one. In addition a perk of the Marriott rewards program is that all Platinum and Gold elite guests do enjoy complimentary in room internet. If you would like to sign up for this program please let me know and I would be happy to help you get started.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

It was a very nice hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms. However it is smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully they free shuttle service to the train.
The concierge, and shuttle drivers are super nice and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
beaney00,
Please let us know when you are in the area again. We would be happy to put together some local highlights and points of interest for you.
Kentville, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great hotel located 10 miles from downtown Boston. Easy access to the main highway into Boston. Short drive to South Shore shopping mall.
On the downside, the beds were doubles and not queens and the rooms were not large. The breakfasts were a bit pricey. But overall, a good place to stay if you are on business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
tuirch,
It is very gracious of you to write a favorable review for the Boston Quincy Marriott. Our location can be advantageous to the business professionals or those visiting the Boston area for leisure. Hope to see you again.
gtz1992
Reviewed 4 August 2014

What a great looking location, up high where you can see everything. The hotel restaurant was very good, we had the Prime rib with side asparagus and a baked potato simply delicious!
Room was clean.
Now what I did not like was the $13 per day parking and the $12.95 per day internet charge in your room. I can not believe in today's times we are still being charged for internet at the hotel! You are taken hostage if you have kids!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gtz1992
gtz1992,
We're elated you were able to take advantage of the Friday night Prime Rib. It's the best kept secret in town! We will continue to forward our guest opinions to Marriott and our ownership in regards to the additional charges to the room.
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

On our most recent trip to Boston we stayed at this establishment. The rooms were clean and the hotel was nice. The only negative is the rooms need some better sound barrier. We were able to hear EVERYTHING the people next door were doing all night..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mynjboys11
Jennifer P, Manager at Boston Marriott Quincy, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Mynjboys11
We’re very appreciative and thankful for the 5 stars. I’ve shared your comments with our team on property! With the high standards now set, we’ll strive to meet your expectations each return visit to the Quincy Marriott.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It is difficult to improve on a Hotel that has not disappointed me and when they have they have fixed the problem immediately. They really treat everyone especially the Platinum members. Imwill always return. The food selection is always great.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MLUSA
MLUSA
Thank you for understanding that mistakes happen and giving our hotel the opportunity to rectify them whenever they may have occurred. We are grateful for your loyalty and hope to have all our guests experience the service like you have.
Advance, NC
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

When can I go back?! I was ready to return the second I arrived home. I could not have selected a hotel more perfect for us. The location was the perfect distance from Boston and Hingham, the room and bathroom were a great size for us, the view was nothing short of AMAZING, the staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, the shuttle made travel easy, and the cost was great!! The biggest plus was the cleanillness of everything. This was an incredibly significant trip for my friends and I. It was a trip I planned, for a very long time, as I battled Leukemia. It was what I had to look forward to, through the horrific chemo, as I fought the hardest battle of my life. It was a trip I was never supposed to be able to make, as I wasn't even expected to celebrate my April birthday. This was my remission celebration trip (I beat it!!!!) and my friends and I flew in from all over to celebrate life. I am so thankful, to the Marriott, for being all I had hoped for and more. I will be back!! There isn't anywhere else I would rather stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nkotberin
Congratulations! We are so happy we were able to host your “remission celebration trip” with your friends and it was such a great experience at our hotel. We will see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quincy
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 6 in Braintree

Been to Boston Marriott Quincy? Share your experiences!