“Don't miss out on a great meal!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Water Street
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Don't miss out on a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Best Italian and American food in Quincy. Best Fish chowder (served only on Friday). Wait staff is very efficient and polite.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

beuafort south carolina
“Always a great meal....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was actually the third time I've eaten at Alfredo's and the third time I've had a fantastic meal. I'm a huge fan of their chicken parmigiana. The food has always been delicious and service has been prompt and with a smile. I always look forward to my return visits.

Washington DC
“A great old style Italian American place for a family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I'm giving this 4 stars compared to other, similar places in the area.Quincy is not the North End and never will be.

On to the review. My 90 year old grandmother lives in Quincy and we pretty much have to stay close to her retirement community. I've literally eaten here about 25 times over the last 3 years. It was fixed up a few years ago and is very clean. It's new interior isn't red and white checkered table cloth, but the food is. I'm in my late 40's and this reminds me of the best old style Italian places growing up.

The wait staff is very accommodating to my grandmother. The service has always been informal, accommodating and friendly.

I have honestly never had a bad or even fair meal there. I've enjoyed everything I've had from the chicken parmesan to the marinaria.

Keep in mind, this is wonderful 1970's (truthfully, 1950, and 60s too) style Italian American food that I fondly remember growing up. Our family of 5 had a wonderful family meal there a few weeks ago.

Yes, the clientel skews older. Yes, they don't have cutting edge food. But if you want a simple family meal with good food at good prices, who cares. And if you're too young to know my references to the old style Italian places, go and find out.

CowboyErik
“Near John Adams Birthplace, noticed it when we went by on trolley tour..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Saw this place when we drove by to see the 2 old Adam's houses, went back, and then went in to Alfredo's, top notch, fast service, amazing Italian, 2 bars to watch games, plenty of parking, food was great, I had the seafood medley I think it was called, swordfish, shrimp, and a few other things, with pasta; and a couple glass's of house Cab Sav, all excellent, Ii was so full when I left, omg, could not eat another bit; fantastic; looked like kids get good huge kiddie meals to ; meal balls, spagetti, great; try it all!

1 Thank CowboyErik
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Great meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Took family from out of town to Alfredo's Restaurant. We were all very pleased with the quality of food and the excellent service. We had the Wednesday special which was a 3 course meal for $17.00.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mangabraintree

Been to Alfredo's Restaurant? Share your experiences!