“Great food, great views, but a little too noisy...”
Review of Sens Restaurant

Sens Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sens Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #559 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Drumm
Transit: If you are traveling by BART, exit at Embarcadero Station. Walk up Drumm St. pass the Hyatt Regency and turn right to enter the street level of Embarcadero Center 4. Take two escalator flights up to the Promenade Level. Sens entrance is located a few yards down the walkway on your left.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our work group went to this restaurant for dinner. Our table had a great view of the Ferry Building and the Bay Bridge. The appetizers that our group ordered were very good! I especially liked the Charcuterie and the Grilled Spanish Octopus. I didn't much like the goat cheese though. There was something about the taste that didn't appeal to me. For my entree, I ordered the aged lamb, which came with the T-bone, leg, and braised shoulder. I would have to say that the T-bone was my favorite. It also came with rice and buttermilk, which were good accompaniments. For dessert, I split the Cannoli with a colleague. The Cannoli was really good and just the right amount of sweetness.

The biggest downside to this restaurant in my opinion was the noise level. It was very difficult hearing what anyone in my group said, even those that were seated right across me, unless they were right beside me. This isn't a restaurant I would go to for a romantic occasion, but it is definitely good for groups. I would come back to this restaurant because of the views and the food.

There are newer reviews for Sens Restaurant

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ate here last night ... our reservation was for 6:30 P.M., but traffic traveling from Vallejo was horrendous, and we did not get there until 7:30 P.M. There was probably 15 in our party ... but because we had telephoned and let them know we would be late, they held our table.

The view here is beautiful, overlooking the clock tower in the Embarcadero (immediately next to the Hyatt). I had the baby back ribs which I thought were spectacular. My only complaint is they only have a rib-eye steak, and I prefer filet Mignon. My wife had the scallops, which were equally delicious. I cannot speak of what others had, but everyone was very satisfied with their meal.

3  Thank DennisAtkinson
Reviewed 30 April 2014

it was twilight, 78 degrees and I couldn't have picked a nicer spot. Outdoor seating, lovely view of the Bay, excellent service and warm atmosphere.

1  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went here for a surprise baby shower dinner with some friends. The restaurant atmosphere is very nice and situated in a nice area of the Embarcadero. The food was not bad but it felt like you did not get what you paid for.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Location with view if ferry building and bay bridge next to the Hyatt, not to shabby. The menu has 2 pages of food, about 10 of drinks/wines etc...what does that tell you? Service was swift, thought they were trying to drown us with constant water filling. Food was ok, some complicated tastes, not large portions and the short ribs were excessively fatty. The bar is busy. Plenty of restaurants in SF so will be going elsewhere going forward but think they really promote drink here not food. Sorry.