“Really Good East Indian Cuisine”
Review of Punjab Kabab House

Punjab Kabab House
Ranked #1,012 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Neighbourhood: Union Square
Seattle, Washington
“Really Good East Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When you are really tired of the fast food places and Subways and Burger Kings just don't cut it for the day, then head over to "Punjab" at 101 Eddy Street and look over the menu which is posted outside along with pictures of :Mike Tyson" who dined there last year. I had noticed this little place on my daily walks and decided that this was the day. I went in and had a seat and was given a menu even though I knew what I was going to order. It only took minutes and my food arrived along with the Hot, buttery Naan bread. Where else can you eat with your fingers and enjoy yourself without your mother fussing at you to use your napkin. Anytime I can eat food with my fingers, I am a happy camper. There were only two other people in the restaurant at the time so I practically had the place to myself. It may have been too early for some for lunch. I picked my plate so clean that the waiter even commented that it was so clean. The Naan bread helped to soak up all the left-over sauce. I really do wish that it was an all-you-can-eat buffet because I would have gone back as many times as I could, especially for the Naan bread. Needless to say, I have to pay-up and leave. Very nice waiters and the food was just great. Oh and out of a rating of 100 on the health-score, they scored a 90. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

• Visited April 2014

Washington DC
“Comfort food, but seedy dinner atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The restaurant manager was personally throwing out a couple of vagrants as I approached for dinner (at about 6:30 PM). I was the only customer. The food was entirely standard. Rice was extra, and beer not served. Through the window, a parade of drunks and nonfatally-overdosed cases lurched their way around the block and occasionally tried to get inside.

The room was unclean... eating was possible, but coming here in good clothes or in formal company would be unthinkable.

• Visited March 2014
Mesa, AZ
“Food was too spicy for the Mrs.”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was her first visit to an Indian restaurant and will be her last. It would have been nice to have an index as to which foods/sauces were spicier than others. I loved the Mango yogurt drink and also the Mango ice cream. But helped put out the fire in my mouth.

• Visited June 2013
Shellharbour
“Overall a good restaurant”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Food GOOD. service was excellent. When we visited, we observed people who were cooking and serving seemed to be not of Indian or Pakistan origin, but looked like white Americans. But their overall food was good and service was excellent. When we ordered Chana Masala and after eating wanted some change to make it to suit our taste, they gladly replaced it with a re-cooked dish which was of the taste we liked.

“Great Chicken tikka!”
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant many times & never been disappointed. The chicken tikka and keema naan are both excellent. Fairly limited menu, but everything I have tried tastes good! Slightly lacking in decor & ambience, but the food makes it worth wandering into the edge of the tenderloin! Enjoy.

1 Thank Fat-flyer