“Well named”

Neighbourhood: The Richmond
San Francisco, California
“Well named”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This place is indeed the dumpling king. Really great dumplings, probably the best I have had in a really long time. They had a fantastic texture and flavor, and were cooked to perfection. I don't know how they do it but I assume some kind of sorcery is involved to make them that good.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Yum!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed in San Francisco the week of Thanksgiving renting a house a block from this restaurant. After reading other reviews, I had to try. It really was delicious!! The dumplings were as soft as pillows and very tasty. I also suggest you try the green beans! They were fresh cooked bean w/garlic and siracha. Very delicious but spicy!!

Ogasawara-shoto, Japan
“Super Cheap XLB option”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The flavor is better on the broth than the meat. And 3 out of 10 dumplings were broken when served... not to cool for an XLB specialist.

Wraps are a little on the thick and gluey side compared with Yank Sing... but the price is about 1/4... so it's a nice place to be able to drop in for my XLB fix without spending much coin.

Service is very impersonal and rushed. But it's that kind of place!

1 Thank Takoyaki47
Kingston, New York
“Go for the dumplings”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My local SF friend said just have dumplings and that is what we did. They were fresh, hot and so flavorful. Eight of us ate until we were stuffed for $61.39. Enough said? There is usually a line out the door and def worth the wait. The atmosphere is non-existent: fluorescent lighting, white walls and paneling :) Service was present, efficient and courteous. We had a great time.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jerry F
Glenview, Illinois
“No decor, but oh those dumplings!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I saw no evidence of greasy walls but the decor could be generously described as functional. We split five dishes amongst four of us and had far more food than we could eat. The relatively low prices allow you to order more rather then fewer dishes. The pot stickers and the crab and pork dumplings were amazing. Memorable. As in, next time I am in San Francisco (or maybe just near San Jose) I am going to come back here and have pot stickers and crab and pork dumplings. The pot stickers were so tasty I couldn't stop eating them and the crab and pork dumplings had a complexity and sophistication that was incongruous with our surroundings. Actually, I cannot even remember the other dishes we had. A true must visit.

• Visited July 2013