“Part of the San Francisco experience”
Review of Haight-Ashbury

Ranked #62 of 561 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Center of the long-gone hippie culture of the 1960s, this trendy neighborhood is now a whole new scene with upscale boutiques, Internet cafes and hip restaurants.
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Made famous by the hippie movement in 1960’s, Haight Ashbury was once the home to revolutionaries, famous singers (including the Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin) and cult leaders. Today, this neighborhood pays homage to that history with vintage shopping and shops/cafes reflecting the free spirit of the area. Walk through and enjoy!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I went to this legendary neighborhood to purchase this amazing looking electric guitar I found on the Haight-Ashbury Music Center website.
The vibe is great, a landmark in San Francisco. Tons of people walking around, all kinds. The hood used to be the hangout for hippies & artists back in the 60's and 70's, now it's a bit more rock and roll.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

It's how long I have been waiting to visit.
Due to time restraints only managed to get there around 10.30am for 30minutes.
It was closed! Only me, my wife and hundreds of hobos.
I will come back, but disappointing having waited so long.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I liver in San Francisco in the summer of 1968. Haight Ashbury was the center of the Hippy movement. Free love free diseases, kids from all over playing guitars and begging. Some of that is still true, but the place has matured. It has a great, comprehensive music store with friendly, helpful people there where I bought and amp for my home system. The grocery store rivaled Whole Foods,actually better. I found records I have been looking for for years, and for 6-10 bucks. All of these are within 1 block of the famous intersection.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with my wife for a week and where treated like Royality from check in to our departure time! Better than any 5 star hotel I've stayed at over our years of travel. Truly the jewel of San Francisco.
Paul Jacobs