Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
US$32.00*
Self-Guided Bike Rentals from San Francisco
Ranked #11 of 564 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed to look like a Roman ruin, this golden building is certainly a beauty to behold.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stunning. We saw this place in the evening, mainly because we had such a busy day, it was the only chance we had. This place looks like it's right out of Rome. Especially at night, the lights, the water, the art under the stars... it really took your breath away. I would love to see it in the daytime, with the sun lighting up the art. Look up information on the history of this place though, there are some really cool facts!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,917)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stopped at the Palace Of Fine Arts during a half day tour of San Fran. The architecture is stunning; the surrounding lake and gardens are a must for the tourist or local to see . Don't forget your camera !!

1  Thank susy1Brisbane
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful place; perfect day for some incredible photos. Did not go inside but had time to view the gardens and fountains. Gorgeous

1  Thank texkit84
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I never heard of this place until my daughter and I took a Segway tour and was brought here. Well we instantly feel in love with it. What a gorgeous place, the architecture was so beautiful and grand and made you feel like you were in Rome. It is half surrounded by a lovely moat type lake filled with swans, turtles and fish. We enjoyed it so much that we came back another day while we rented bikes. I would definitely recommend visiting this place during your San Francisco trip.

1  Thank esamlen
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is just breathtaking. I was surprised by how amazing the place was. I didn't planed to go there, but since I was returning from the Crissy Field by food, I decided to visit this place. The building is huge and the contract between the building and the nature around makes this place as unique in SF. This is a must visit place, for sure.