“Pleasantly surprised”

Fog Harbor Fish House
Reserve with OpenTable
Fog Harbor Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: F-line,10 & 15 stops right in front of PIER 39. BART: 510.465.2278 MUNI & Cable Cars: 415.673.6864 Alameda/Oakland Ferry: 510.522.3300 Vallejo Ferry: 415.705.5444 Sausalito & Tiburon Ferry: 415.705.5444
Description: It has been said that "no visit to San Francisco is complete without a meal at Fog Harbor Fish House!" Fog Harbor Fish House offers the quintessential San Francisco waterfront dining experience and was the first 100% sustainable seafood restaurant in Fisherman's Wharf. The classic, cozy dining room features award-winning panoramic views of the Golden Gat Bridge and Alcatraz. Owned and operated by the Simmons Family, the founding family of PIER 39, you'll meet a member of the family when you dine!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I ordered the fish and chips. I am not a seafood lover I ordered them because we were in San Fran at the wharf and I didn't want to be a party pooper. They were so good! A very nice surprise. Our server Jon was excellent, and the whole staff was very attentive, the view is excellent.

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Fog Harbor”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Wedge salad was fresh, chowder was creamy and tasty, lobster was very good and the filet mignon was moist and tender but was missing a good bolognese.

Visited July 2014
pleasant ridge, mi
“Great Lunch w/ a great view!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family and I really enjoyed this place and the view is wonderful! We had oysters and mussels and ceviche. Everything we had was fresh and wonderful!!!

• Visited June 2014
Tokyo, Japan
“Yummy, calm and scenic”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had to run to try some of the crab here in San Fran on urging of my wife. After a bit of haggling on what to choose we settled down on the Cioppino with Pasta and the Sole.

Good Things:
Sour dough bread superb (Using butter or eating with other food is not necessary since it is so tasty on its own).
View excellent.
Ambiance is perfect.
Waiter was great and seemed to read my mind.
Sole was cooked perfectly with the peppers, potatoes and spinach.
Cioppino though not inexpensive was very large and all the seafood was fresh and very good.
(Great for the price on both).

Things to note as we are a bit picky :
We are both used to using chopsticks, so it was more difficult to eat the crab the American way for us. We didn't ask for chopsticks to help out so no minuses to the Fog House for this.
The crab may have been slightly overcooked by a tad, but not too badly, and that was just a small part of the entire dish, but was still excellent.
The tablecloth was paper during lunch and not cloth... but considering this is a seafood/crab place (and it was classy paper), no issues here as that is fine.

That is all. :)

• Visited July 2014
Parbold, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food & service, great location.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I ate here twice with my family on a recent holiday in San Francisco. We all enjoyed the ambience and great views across the bay. The seafood was high quality and well cooked. Service by our waiter was very attentive on both occasions. What I really wanted to report on here was how a couple of situations were handled. We had booked a table next to the window to maximize the view but when we arrived we were steered (as a family of 5) to one of the banquettes set one row back from the window behind the aisle with the line that there was more room for us. When we sat down we decided we would rather have our window table so moved ourselves. The manager came along and said that he had promised that table to some other people and invited us to move back to the banquettes, which we politely declined. At pay time following our meal, I forgot to use a % off discount voucher we had for the restaurant (quite a large amount as we had eaten and drank well!) and only discovered this on the walk back to our hotel. I went back to ask for our bill to be re-tallied but the doors were closed and we were not acknowledged by staff inside. This made me determined to go back the next morning and ask for a refund. The manager was fairly reluctant to do it, but in the end said he would contact his credit card transaction handlers and ask them to refund me. I will be honest, I did not have high hopes. However, I am very happy to report that I did, indeed, get a refund on my card so I would like to thank the manager of Fog Harbor for honouring his promise.

• Visited April 2014