“One of the best sandwiches ever!”
Review of Ike's Place

Ike's Place
Ranked #147 of 5,715 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Oshawa, Canada
“One of the best sandwiches ever!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I highly highly recommend Ike's place for its food. The staff are also very friendly, though there is not a lot of sitting room. We got our sandwiches and walked to a nearby park. It is cheap and tastes amazing. We went here 3 times in the week we were in San Francisco.

We also ran into the owner who was extremely friendly and nice.
I will definitely come here again next time I am in San Francisco.

1 Thank K S

• Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Great gluten-free options”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

There is such a huge selection of sandwiches to choose from, it is very hard to decide. But what is great for people who need to avoid gluten is that all the options are gluten-free! We were even asked if we had a gluten intolerance or allergy so that the preparation can be done as safely as possible. The sandwiches are big and the fillings are generous. And they are really made with love as well as some chips and a lollipop.

1 Thank vzorb
“BEST GLUTEN FREE SUB EVER!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I would recommend Ike's to anyone and everyone! I was recently visiting San Francisco with my friend and we both are gluten free (not by choice). She introduced me to Ike's and I immediately craved the next bite. Usually with gluten free bread and subs, they taste nothing like the real thing. But with Ike's .....I would have never guessed the sub was a gluten free sub! So please, go no matter what! But definitely go if you are gluten free and miss the taste of real bread! The long line is SO WORTH it.

1 Thank oliveyouoliver
Medina, Ohio
“Pretty good, not completely blown away.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very good sub place with a huge selection of subs, all very unique which makes it fun to explore and try something new. I had the Menage a Trois and thought it was quite good, however, the bread was a little too dominating for my taste. We only went there once since it was a little out of our way and if I had the chance, would go there again just to try different subs. I'm sure there would be something I'd find that would eventually hook me. The decor is really interesting and the bathrooms are worth checking out to see the wall designs alone. Good, unique place and a cheap option in the city for some grub. Afterwords, we took a quick bus trip to nearby Twin Peaks.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best Sandwich I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When you go on foodie websites and a sandwich spot is number one on the list, then you know it has to be amazing. In this case, believe the hype. This is THE Best Sandwich i've ever eaten. I have no idea how they make a sandwich taste so good but it was like eating Jesus' tears. After reading a lot of reviews i decided to get the Menage a Trois sandwich which had BBQ sauce, Cheddar, Halal Chicken, Honey Mustard, Pepper Jack, Real Honey, Swiss. And Definitely get the Dutch Crunch bread it makes the sandwich. Absolutely brilliant. I would come here everyday and try a different sandwich if i lived here. Amazing!

1 Thank Mosdefn8ly