“Brilliant”

Ranked #469 of 6,272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

First time in an IHOP for breakfast, can’t believe what I’ve been missing! Excellent, efficient service so much choice and great value for money. Plus you can get takeaway . I had eggs benedict which was delicious, my family all had pancakes which were so light and tasty. Great I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for breakfast, same as every other Ihop. There was a wait to be seated and they were giving out tickets when you arrive and told around 20 minutes but we were seated much quicker. The service was fast once seated and food was your typical ihop meal- And What let this place down was the restrooms!! They were vile! I felt like I needed a shower once I left! They were bad enough to put me off going again! It’s a shame because it’s a good location, easily accessible and the food was nice

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I popped in for a quick dinner after doing the hop on hop off night bus tour. I ordered the pancakes and my wife the crepes, both were bloody horrible. I ate less than a quarter of my meal and my wife ate less than half of hers. I ordered banana pancakes which were supposed to be topped with fresh banana and strawberries but were swimming in horrible sickly artificial strawberry syrup. The parts of the pancakes that weren't drenched in this terrible artificial syrup were that dry it wasn't funny. I wouldn't feed this muck to my dog.
When we told the waitread she was very apologetic but said that there was nothing she could do about it.

1  Thank SteveHansen68
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This was my first ever ihop and I wasn’t disappointed! Our server was a real happy guy who was very helpful. I ordered the double blueberry stack which was delicious. I will definitely be back before we head back hone. We need these in Scotland x

Reviewed 15 July 2018

This location is the same as all other IHOPs - slow service, good pancakes. It tends to get crowded due to the area. So many reviews are by tourists from other countries, so I'm wondering if somehow IHOP is being touted as a great restaurant. I can tell you that it's a nationwide chain that is pretty low on the restaurant rating scale. People come for the pancakes and all-day breakfast. If you are hungry and you keep your expectations low, you will be satisfied.