“Just what we wanted for breakfast”
Review of Cafe Bean

Cafe Bean
Ranked #107 of 296 Coffee & Tea in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Only a block from our hotel, the Wyndham Canterbury, we enjoyed delicious coffee, French toast, bacon,oj and a bagel egg sandwich.The owner was courteous. We will return.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I wanted to pop into this place to do a little trip planning on my laptop and relax before taking on my day in San Fran. The man at the counter was very nice and made a good hot chai, but he waited until after I got my coffee to tell me that the place has zero outlets... really? It's hard to believe that any coffee shop nowadays wouldn't be accommodating to laptops. There is internet, but nowhere to charge anything. The bathrooms were also out of service. And I realize that a few places in SF don't have A/C, but I found it to be uncomfortably warm by the window (and you can't really escape the window, since the place is so small). I ended up leaving before I was ready because it wasn't really accommodating at all. I would probably only recommend this place if you're looking for to-go coffee and decent service.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went here on the recommendation from prior trip advisors and were sorely disappointed. This place was empty and the one person serving was unhelpful. We wanted pancakes, but were told they only do pancakes on the weekends- so there was a very limited menu. Food was slow and very simple. The Dutch smash eggs, were more like plastic cheese on toast with a spoon of scrambled eggs on top. Food was cheap but not worth it. Don't bother.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We came here for an early breakfast. Enjoyed all the windows and having the city all around us. The man working there was very nice, great service and very good food. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the place, low key, funky. Everyone in the family found something.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We popped into Café Bean after a long day out sight seeing for a couple of beers and spend a relaxing hour sitting outside people watching. We returned the next morning for breakfast which was of a good quality with lots of choice available. The lunch menu looked very good too. Pop in too if you get chance.