Cova Hotel
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
US$252
Hotels.com
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$366
US$243
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$346
US$272
US$219
US$205
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$190
Agoda.com
US$465
US$386
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$488
US$290
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$259
1,258 results
All reviewsfree shuttlehomeless peopleshuttle serviceellis streethotel shuttlegreat hotelwaffle machineunion squaretenderloin districtrooftop terracecomplimentary breakfastfisherman's wharfhard boiled eggsthe hotel offerstop flooryogurtthe hotel is clean
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Cova Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and are always willing to provide good help and advice. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Located about a 10min walk from the main city centre the hotel is easy to get to. Yes you do have to walk a 100m or so stretch where homeless people tend to hang out; they did not hassle us in anyway and we did not feel unsafe. The Cova hotel provide a free shuttle bus throughout the day to various locations in the city if you feel the hotel location may be an issue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ARic32
Angelo_Reyes, Manager at Cova Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Greetings ARic32,

Thank you so much for recently staying with us and for allowing us to accommodate you during your San Francisco trip. We appreciate your recent review and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud that my staff was able to accommodate you with great service and that you found the room cleanliness to be sufficient to your needs that made it comfortable. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and offer value amenities and i'm glad that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to our location. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle we offer and that it as able to make you feel more comfortable in the area. The walk from the hotel going to union square (main area) is indeed about 10 minutes and all you have to do is avoid one street to have a more pleasant view of the streets.

I hope that you will be able to visit San Francisco again soon and when you do, please contact me directly and i will ensure that you get the best possible rate. If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to call us at 415 77-13000 or email me directly at angelo.reyes@covahotel.com at anytime. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel isn't exactly located in the safest part of San Francisco and is recommended not to walk the streets at all. But i only stayed in San Fran for 3 nights and had no problem (we didn't walk the streets we caught cabs or the shuttle) but for a cheap hotel the service is great, the rooms are clean and nice. You get free wifi, free shuttle bus to the main parts of town (time schedules apply) and you got free breakfast every morning. It's not exactly centrally located but it's not far from everything either about a $5 cab ride to Union square and $10 to Fisherman's wharf.

• Stayed: June 2014

Greetings fionaaaa,

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle we offer and that it as able to make you feel more comfortable in the area, the service we provided, complimentary amenities and continental breakfast. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and offer value amenities and i'm glad that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of this hotel is on Ellis Street, please bare in mind there is a homeless shelter on this street which gives out food etc 3 times a day. With that in mind, there are several homeless druggies, alcoholics, street walkers etc within very close proximity of the hotel. However, in order to compensate for this the hotel does provide a free shuttle bus to take you to union square and fishermans wharf, which are main tourist attractions and therefore a lot safe for you to catch on going transport to your required destination. We did walk to union square a few times, you just have to go up a block and then walk parallel to Ellis Street so you miss the shelter, this walk is only 10 minutes so not too far from the centre which is great.

Despite the location though, this hotel provides great service and the staff are very friendly with lots of information should you require it. The rooms and bathroom are very well sized with fresh clean bed linen. There are lots of complimentary things also including iron, ironing board, towels, shampoo, shower gel etc etc. There is also an information book that the hotel has put together, this is particularly useless for good places to eat etc. The hotel also has very good security, you need a room key in order to enter the lift to get up to the residents floors so no unauthorised persons can enter your landing.

Breakfast came with the hotel and it is located in a bistro coming off the hotel in a separate building. I personally didn't find the service here brilliant but it was ok. The breakfast consisted of toast, 4 different cereals to chose from, 4 pieces of cheese on your given plate, a slice of rolled ham, a boiled egg with a slice of tomato and lettuce leaf. It was ok as a start to the day, I found the toast cold though and the cereal often ran out.

San Francisco is a beautiful city though and it has so much to offer, this hotel is a great base for all your tourist needs as long as you don't have children and you are not easily put off by the sight of many homeless people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean1974
Angelo_Reyes, Manager at Cova Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Greetings Dean1974,

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm very proud that my staff was able to accommodate you with great service and that you found the rooms, amenities and cleanliness to be sufficient to your needs. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and offer value amenities and i'm glad that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to our location. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle we offer and that it as able to make you feel more comfortable in the area. The walk from the hotel going to union square is indeed about 10 minutes and all you have to do is avoid one street to have a more pleasant view of the streets. Also as you mentioned, the hotel is very secure. Only registered guest can enter the hotel lobby and elevators at all times so i'm glad that you felt secure while staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Best service I have received at a hotel in San Francisco. Michael at the front desk greeted me upon arrival and assured me of a great stay. The rooms were big and clean, with all the amenities one would expect from a top of the line hotel. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Talk to Michael Ednilao at the front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings mayans82,

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It's rewarding for me as a manger to hear that Michael made a significant impact during your stay. I will make sure to share your review to him. Michael has been with the company for 3 1/2 years and has truly grown as an individual. We pride ourselves in provide excellent service and we always try our best to go above and beyond to make sure that all guests are taken cared of as much as possible.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rooms are good for the price, comfy bed, clean and bathroom is nice and clean.
Staff are helpful and provide great service.
Free breakfast next door is good.
It is on quite a dodgy street, a lot of drug dealers in the area and homeless shelters are all around these street so lots of homeless people. Felt quite unsafe at night but hotel offers free shuttles around so that was helpful.
Would not stay here again as the location was not for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings anzydrkn,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to experience COmfort and VAlue. From our service, amenities, hotel room, cleanliness and food service was all satisfactory during your stay with us. On the other hand, i do apologize that the location of the hotel was not for you but i'm glad to hear that the complimentary shuttle service was helpful