“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this great hotel. The rooms were very clean and modern, staff were extremely helpful and kind and they went out of their way to help us wherever possible. The neighbourhood is fine to walk around in during the day, although the hotel offers free shuttles should you wish to avoid doing so. As in many areas of a big city, and as 2 girls, taxis are probably preferable at night - the hotel staff were happy to book us taxis so this is not a major problem. Overall a great hotel, I would definitely return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Agnewg
Angelo_Reyes, Manager at Cova Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Greetings Agnewg,

Thank you so much for recently staying with us and for allowing us to accommodate you during your San Francisco trip. We appreciate your recent review and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and experience with us. From the extremely helpful staff and room cleanliness, these are a few things that we provide and offer that certainly makes our hotel a top hotel to stay in San Francisco.

I hope that you will be able to visit San Francisco again soon and when you do, please contact me directly and i will ensure that you get the best possible rate. If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to call us at 415 77-13000 or email me directly at angelo.reyes@covahotel.com at anytime. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was totally misguided by the reviews here. It is quite scary at night because of all the people in the surrounding area. I arrived late and the only lady that was "in charge" of the front desk doesn't even speak good English and was rude. I reserved a 2 bedroom and was totally not what I got. There was no manager in premises and she refused to give me a refund. I was not a happy camper at all.

3 Thank Adriana O
Greetings Adriana O,

First off, i would like to again apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us but i'm glad that we were able to speak with you while you were still staying at the hotel. We were able to rectify the issues and based from the feedback you shared with us, you were satisfied with the resolution that we did for you.

In hope that you can stay at the Cova Hotel and give us another chance. Please contact me directly at angelo.reyes@covahotel.com and i will make sure to take good care of you. If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to call us at 415 77-13000 or email me directly. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

While the hotel is not in exactly the best location they more than make up for it. The staff was excellent. The free breakfast was a great bonus as well as free shuttle to various locations throughout San Fran. Rooms were clean and I felt safe once inside. If I were to redo the trip I would book here again.

3 Thank AliciaLLynch
Greetings AliciaLLynch,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and experience with us. From the excellent staff service, complimentary breakfast and shuttle service to various locations in the city, these are a few things that we provide and offer that certainly makes our hotel a top hotel to stay in San Francisco.

Woodland, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was a wonderful hotel with excellent staff. Rooms were spotless and clean. The rooms are pretty spacious. What turned me off was that it was in a sketchy neighborhood. There were a lot of homeless people which is expected being in San Francisco, but still sketch. People would be popping out of no where, and just eerie things were going on. But, as soon as I got in the hotel I was safe and secure. I would definitely plan on staying there again. Ps: Want a good dinner? Go to their restaurant next door, their mashed potatoes were amazing.

Room Tip: Make sure not to be out and about late at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia75299
Greetings Cynthia75299,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us due to the service and cleanliness of the hotel. On the other hand, i do apologize that the location of the hotel was not a good fit for you but i hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. Thank for the kind remarks in regards to our new restaurant, Mr. Crave. I will make sure to pass on the good news to their management team.

Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in June 2014. IT was a nice hotel, clean and spacious rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was relatively as well. However, you should avoid walking some areas of the streets parallell to the hotel at night (at least know which areas to avoid). Free rides to the city centre and Fishermans Warf was also a plus.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JENB87
Greetings JENB87,

Thank you in behalf of the Cova Hotel staff for recently staying with us. Your comments are greatly and deeply appreciated. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. From the cleanliness and spaciousness of the hotel, breakfast offering and friendly service, these are some of the things we pride ourselves and make the COVA hotel one of the premier hotels to stay in San Francisco. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to select locations in the city.

Devonport, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely hotel, very comfortable and very friendly helpful reception staff. Llano ya B is wonderful and an asset to the hotel. Wish she was in charge of the breakfast room. My experience at the breakfast room marred my stay. I am in my seventies and was travelling alone. I turned up for breakfast and was directed to sit at a huge table on my own. It would have seated about 10 people. I felt as if if was being segregated aginst and asked to sit at a small table but was told that, to quote, "those tables are for two people". The person in charge then wanted me to sit at a high counter, perched on a backless stool. I didn't want to clamber up so turned that down and was directed to a Formica ledge facing the bar with my back to the room. I almost sat down, but walked to a table for two and said politely "I would like to sit here". The person in charge wasn't too pleased. The same thing happened the next morning but this time there were other people at the big table so I just sat down and ate my breakfast. Not a welcoming atmosphere And it made me feel conspicuously alone. There were coach parties in the hotel. Why couldn't they be seated at the huge table as a group? And why was I discriminated against for being on my own. I'm reporting back to my travel agent and will tell her about my experience and not recommend your hotel for sole travellers. Another reason why I would not recommend your hotel is that being on my own and a senior citizen I would have preferred to pay more to stay in a hotel close to or on Union Square where I would have felt more secure at night and close to eating places.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Greetings Marie H,

I'm very happy to hear that Latoya B. was able to make a significant impact on your stay with us. She is truly an asset and have developed herself as a leader for the past few years. On the other hand, i sincerely apologize that your recent experience at the restaurant marred your stay with us. I will make sure to forward your recent review to the restaurant management team so they could follow up with you. If you could kindly contact me where will be the best way to get in touch with you so i could have the general manager contact you as soon as possible. I will also send you a personal message here. I can assure you that this incident will be addressed appropriately. I hope that you will be able to visit San Francisco again soon and give us another chance.

Kindly contact me directly and i will ensure that you get the best possible rate. If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to call us at 415 77-13000 or email me directly at angelo.reyes@covahotel.com at anytime. Thank you again once again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It is because of Latoya B. That I had an amazing time at the Cova hotel. She had an awesome attitude, was very helpful and recommended an amazing place for lunch to watch the World Cup. The food there was great the service was great and the company was even better! Thanks Latoya B! And thank you Cova!

Greetings Aron K,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It's rewarding for me as a manger to hear that Latoya B. made a significant impact during your stay. She has been with the company for over 5 years and she has truly developed into a leader over the past few years. We are very fortunate to have her. I will make sure to share your review to her and the management team. In general, we pride ourselves in provide excellent service and we always try our best to go above and beyond to make sure that all guests are taken cared of as much as possible.