“Nice stay”

Ranked #113 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
New York City, New York
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Staff was very nice during my late night check-in. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Great hot water and water pressure in the shower. Parts of the wall above the bed in room 322 were starting to peel away but it didn't affect my stay. Location was great- just a couple blocks from Union Square and Market Street. Easy to get to everything. They have an airport shuttle that comes to the hotel that was painless -$15. The cab right from the airport to the hotel was $50. You can take the Bart but I had a late flight into the city. I liked having an empty mini fridge I could use and a combo heater/fan/ac.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Diva for a two night stay to San Francisco last week. From check in to check out the service I encountered was five star, from the front desk staff to housekeeping and the engineering department.

I currently work at a five star hotel on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and know what it's like to experience such great service and comfort.

I would strongly consider any traveler to stay here as there are no bed bugs of any kind as a previous reviewer must have dreamt up and the personal service is such a warm and friendly lasting impression.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Rhys O,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Diva with Trip Advisor. It is truly an honor to receive a five star review from someone in the same industry who can appreciate our passion for what we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Kind regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager
Irvine, California
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is one of the worst hotels that I have ever stayed at. To begin with, the walls and doors are paper thin so you can hear everything. The rooms are also very small and chopped up. If you book a room with a double bed, beware, they are tiny. The worst part of the whole stay were the bed bugs that I encountered (in room 505). My friend in room 419 was also bitten. While the hotel said that they gave my bed a thorough investigation and found nothing, I would love to know why I had bites on me that were diagnosed by a doctor to be bed bug bites. I was bit both nights that I was in the bed. There response was that they found nothing and brought me a roll away. It was difficult to sleep the 3rd night knowing that the bugs were in the room and had bitten me. I have never been so grossed out in a hotel before. I think the only thing they have going for them is that they are right off of Union Square.

Room Tip: Don't face out onto Geary as it is loud and the alley way has trash pick up at 1 a.m.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sara A
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Sara A,

I'm sorry to hear your stay was not as pleasant as you would have expected. Please accept my apology. Hotel Diva undergoes a regular thorough inspection to ensure the property is free from from such. I hope you will give Hotel Diva another chance and consider staying with us on your next trip to San Francisco.

Best regards,
Virgil Lopez.
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Diva for 3 nights at the start of May. Diva was our first stop on a month long vacation to the States. For the class of this lovely boutique hotel we found it to be just what we needed. After travelling for 17 hours Diva was the perfect retreat to help recover from our jetlag.
Throughout our stay the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and very clean. My husband who is a light sleeper slept soundly all 3 nights, as did I.
If boutique hotels are your thing, you will love this hotel. Along with the perfect location and the price you would be hard pressed to find better. Thank you Diva for a great welcome to the States!

• Stayed May 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed in a junior suite with friends. Room is quite big with a king bed on one side and a murphy bed on the other, but bathroom is quite tiny. Room has a mini-fridge, safe and free wi-fi.
Hotel is very central, close to Union Square and within walking distance to BART station. Friendly and helpful staff at reception.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nathalie D
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a perfectly good hotel if you need to be right in the heart of downtown SF for a night or two... The price is right, the location is perfect and the rooms are sufficient, clean. The service and front desk staff were friendly and very attentive.

My only issue with this property (and probably others nearby) is the 3:30am garbage pick-up from the rear of the hotel/Taylor St every other night. I happened to be staying here on business with a colleague for 5 nights. He was on the 3rd floor I was on the 6 and we were both rattled out of our beds by this horrendously loud experience of metal crashing, glass breaking and roar of the compressor... We're from NY so we've heard and seen it all, but this was something else. I honestly thought it was an earthquake initially.

And, of course I'm aware that this is not necessarily the Hotel's fault. Just do yourself a favor and request a room that's not facing the alley in the rear of the hotel... I would definitely recommend this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Again, ask for a room that doesn't have windows facing Taylor or the alley in the rear of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I happened to stay at Hotel Diva at San Francisco during my holiday there in Mid May13
I would say the overall experience in the hotel is wonderful.
The location is strategic , at Union Square, and within walking distance to shopping area, such as : Macy, Victoria Secret, Saks, etc
Moreover, the front desk staff were very helpful. One of the staff name : Christian, was very helpful to us and friendly.
There is a Thai Restaurant called ChaBha, just 2 shops away from the hotel and it provides good food at reasonable price.

If you wish to go on Premium Outlet Hopping, check with the front desk, they will be able to arrange with their local tour / Outlet Hopping company for you, let them know in advance.

The room is big and comes with working corner with desk and a deskstop.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OBear
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Obear,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Diva with Trip Advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will think of us once again on your next trip to San Francisco.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,