“San Francisco Theater Night”
Review of Hotel Diva

Hotel Diva
Ranked #107 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great place to stay after ACT and close to shopping and restaurants. Collibri Mexican Restaurant is accessible from the lobby. Love the sake tasting in the lobby. The room was perfect, quiet, clean, spacious. The parking package completed the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I think that, this used to be a cheap motel before it was refurbished (correct me if I am wrong)

The Gym is really non-functional...the treadmills do not work (they have been that way for weeks, I was told by another guest), the rest of the equipment in the gym require immediate replacement.

My room had a weird layout...the shower/toilet has no sink, I had to come out of the toilet (located next to the closet by the entrance), then walk through the bed-room to the far corner to get to the sink !!

As other guests have pointed out: customer service is top-notch, location is great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank assamese
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Assamese,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I'm so sorry to hear there were some issues during your stay with us. Please accept my apology. Our gym equipment have been recently serviced and should be in good condition at this time.

Hotel Diva offers various types of accommodations with different layouts and one that would meet your needs.

I hope you will give Hotel Diva another chance and that you will give us the opportunity to change your impression on us.

Best,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed for a week for a business conference in February and enjoyed the experience. The location to Union Square can't be beat. My room felt smallish, but the bathroom was quite spacious. The staff were very courteous and felt the room had pretty good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank proncis
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Staff here is outstanding - friendly and accomodating. Location is great, especially if you like to shop. Lots of good restaurants nearby. The adjacent Starbucks is a blessing in the morning.

The hotel is not luxury by any means, and doesn't portray itself as such. Its a fun, funky boutique hotel. We stayed in a Queen Junior Suite with Queen Murphy bed - it was nice having 2 separate sleeping areas. Our Room was good sized and it was nice to have the sink separated form the shower/toilet. A bit of street noise as we were only on the 3 floor.

I would pick the hotel again, but not sure if I'd stay in the Union Square area again (too many other neat neighbor hoods to explore).

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper - don't get a room facing Geary.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A great location & excellent staff made our long weekend very relaxing. Decent size rooms & comfy beds. Excellent access to streetcars, BART & decent dining in the neighborhood. Clean, quiet & comfortable. We would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Personality H, General Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear shawnathan,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Diva, and that our staff was very helpful.

We hope to see you soon,

Best Regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Hello so we went to Diva hotel for the bday of my boyfriend I take this hotel because its really central just 2 blocks walking from union square and in the website looks so new and ' good price' well.. when we arrived here the staff its great with you but the room didn't look like in the photos.. literally the hotel is so old but they make small reformation to the hotel with new beds ( the bed is super comfortable ) and new furniture but the room its super small and the bathroom too i mean the price that you pay for this hotel its only for the location because the other things don't have the quality of a hotel this looks more like apartment , also the cleaning girl was in my room for almost 2 hours.. ans she didn't clean anything she only make the bed and nothing more.. 2 HOURS for make my bed and also cleaning the carped ? ' CLEANING' because she didn't clean anything also she tell me you if i can wait for 10 minutes more.. for go inside my room.. i can believe my room its more big than this one and i cleaned the room in less than 20 minutes.. !

just so expensive this hotel ... you are paying only the location !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreatoffy
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The front desk staff was very welcoming and sometimes even too much overwhelming. They ask you personal questions to make you feel welcome but they don't need to cross the line. Room was nice, well appointed, not the biggest I have ever been but good for San Francisco standards. Bathroom amenities were ok, I would have expect a bit more being the hotel called "Diva". Location is great, walk 10 minutes to Powell St Bart station, 3 minutes to Union Square. I would go back only if rates would stay the same, if I have to spend more than I would go in a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple