“loud and small”

Ranked #108 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Boston, Massachusetts
“loud and small”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If I was staying here for more than one night I would probably change hotels. I heard people arguing all night long and was woken up by it three times. It might be because I had a street facing second floor room but it was pretty unsettling. Rooms are on the small size, bathroom is especially small. If there were more than one person staying in the room it would be super tight.

It's not the worst place I've ever stayed in but I would not stay here again

Room Tip: don't get a street facing room if you want to sleep
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank anapp2014
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Anapp2014,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. Hotel Diva offers various types of accommodations all ranging in size. We also offer quiet rooms which are located in the interior of the hotel.

I hope you will give Hotel Diva another chance. We would love to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is physically beautiful but the customer service sucked. The hotel staff was rude and abrupt when we arrived before our check in time and politely asked if a room was available. Not once did the staff ask if we needed help/tips/recommendations when we left for the day and the concierge did not book us for the right time for our airport shuttle. For the price we paid (over $200/night), I expected top of the line service. However, I will again say, the hotel is beautifully decorated, centrally located and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Ashley P,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. Although my staff gets favorable reviews, I am truly disappointed your experience wasn't the same. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of my staff. I appreciate your comments and please be assured that we will look into it further and correct the issue.

I hope you will Hotel Diva another chance and give us the opportunity to change your impression on us. We would love to welcome you back at Hotel Diva.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager
St. Thomas
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I only came for one night and booked on Hotel Tonight, which was for sure the lowest available. Was delighted when I saw it as it's nicely decorated and the staff was super friendly and helpful upon check*in. The room was plenty big for two and the decor was darling! Bed comfy, amenities nice. My only disappointment was that I should have read these reviews first and asked for a room in the back (off*street) because it was SO loud it was crazy waking up with bums yelling at each other or a group of bachelorettes screaming on the street, let alone the honking and traffic. That being said, I will definitely book again but will be smart and request a room in the back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Liserusvi
Personality H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi Liserusvi,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Diva. It is very important for us to know what made your experience special. We hope you'll stay with us again and please let us know so we can make sure you get a room in the back. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best Regards
Megan Brandt
Guest Relations
High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've stayed at the Diva on several occasions and it's always huge fun. The rooms are beautifully designed. They are strong on small gifts such as nice pens, shampoo etc. There is a handy business center on the 4F - useful for printing boarding passes etc. There are sister hotels in San Francisco, although I haven't explored those. The staff are efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back away from the street as they're quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris D
Personality H, General Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi Chris D.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear of your return visit and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning for your next trip to San Francisco. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best Regards
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip. He got the Junior Suite and the size was perfect considering SF. The furniture were more like Ikea furniture but very tasteful and simple. The bathroom was also very clean and nice. He told me that he would definitely stay there again considering the reasonable price, design of the rooms and the staff. You can get a suite there with the same price as getting a small room in other Hotels. Its walking distance to all shops and restaurants at Union Square yet far enough from the noise.

Room Tip: Get a Junior Suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel is brilliant ... it is small, the rooms are decorated well but the space is limited ... that said all the necessary amenities are there, the bed is comfortable and it provides the perfect base to explore San Francisco (which is made easier by the fact that the staff are really really friendly and helpful).

I would advise anybody who wants a lot of space in their room to perhaps spend more money and stay somewhere else, but for anybody who is happy to stay in somewhere clean and convenient with friendly staff then this little hotel is perfect for you. We loved it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AWaters575
Bristol
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Myself, my partner and her father, stayed in a King Suite in March. The room itself was lovely- spacious, modern, funky looking room. The main bed was huge, and comfortable. There was also a pull down bed, which we used, which was again a decent size, and comfy. We also had a large table and chairs in the room- its surprising how nice it is to have somewhere to sit other than a bed whilst staying in a hotel,

The location was perfect- very close to the Bart, and cablecars and Union square. A couple of nice diners very nearby for breakfast too. Would highly recommend, based on our stay. There was also 2 hours of free saki (5-7pm) everyday- we only tried this once, on our way out, but its still a nice touch to have.

The only real downside, was that there was a lot of street noise, and it appeared to be an old hotel done out, but the windows were still the old orignal ones- so didnt keep much of the noise out at all- I would suggest taking earplugs! we were woken around 6am most mornings.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family