“Modern hotel in good location”
Review of Hotel Diva

Hotel Diva
Ranked #108 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Houston, Texas
“Modern hotel in good location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and was not disappointed with the price and value that I got. I shopped for days since this area is saturated with hotel and came upon this one. The hotel is in a good location and we walked to several bars, restaurants and even AT&T park. We took the tip of several reviewers and asked for a quiet room, which led us to be assigned to an almost closet like room at the very end of the hall. We had a queen bed and the view of a brick wall. The room was so small I had to put my suitcase on the table. I didn't spend too much time in the room so it wasn't too much of an issue. The only real complaint I would have is that parking at the hotel cost about $40 a night. We needed our car so we had no choice to valet and giving them a 30 minute advanced notice to get the car when we wanted it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. The staff were very helpful and always greeted us in a friendly manner. The hotel is centrally located and convenient for many bus routes (some of the 'clientele' that we met on the buses around San Francisco definitely made for an interesting trip, you'll see what I mean, especially if travelling at night)! The Pinecrest Diner across the road and Sears around the corner were both very nice breakfast locations. I particularly liked the lounges around the hotel which offered chilled water, various teas and a microwave. Our room was pleasant, if a bit tight. The Fitness Centre, was also nice, but again, a bit small. Overall I enjoyed the stay and would recommend to the hotel. The beds were also comfortable, which is always a positive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Personality H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi CJF97,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva and accomodating to our intimate hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. We hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

See you next time!

Best Regards,
Dana Andrews
Guest Relations
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised to be able to check in early on the day we arrived. After an early flight that was a particular blessing, and Christine was dear in facilitating it. The rooms are very small and appointed in modern (I suppose) art that borders on disconcerting. There were two troubling encounters with the concierge. On the first, he sold us tickets to one of the bus tours and disregarded our appeal for a five dollar off special, though we pointed it out in the ad that his hotel distributed. Second, when he told us he would handle reserving airport transport and there was a delay in doing so, he asked why we had gone to them in the first place, telling us that they were notorious for bad service. (As it turned out, they got us where we needed to be at the time we needed to be there) I felt it was rather like telling me a restaurant had been tagged with a poor health rating after learning I'd eaten there. This is mundane I suppose, we found that the menu button to order movies did not work, and when we told this to the front desk we were told that they needed to be alerted first in order to turn on the service. We did, and it still did not work. Finally though, this was Pride weekend, and the night before the parade they had one fellow on the front desk. He was good, but he should not have been asked to handle the myriad of woes that might, and did, come his way. It might've have been wiser to have someone working with him.

lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Bob R,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We value your opinion. Hotel Diva offers various types of accommodations ranging in size. We do have Executive King rooms and Studio suites which are comparatively bigger than a deluxe room.

Please accept my apology on behalf of our concierge. Please be assured that we will correct all issues you have mentioned on your review.

I hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco. Please to give us the opportunity to change your impression on us. I know we could do better.

Best regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager
jscarlett
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Let me first start off by saying that I am a Travel Agent, and I have stayed in tons of beautiful hotels around the world. From the time I arrived until the time I departed, everything and everyone I encountered was amazing. Since the hotel was a boutique hotel, I expected a very small room, but my room was very spacious and I had a wonderful view of the main street. If you're looking for a hotel with superior service, beautiful accommodations, and a great location close to it all.... Hotel Diva is definitely for you...

Room Tip: The suites are very nice and spacious....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear jscarlett,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review and share it with other travelers! It's so helpful for us to know what made your experience so special. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning for your next trip to San Francisco. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Warm Regards,
Dana Andrews
Guest Relations
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel Diva's location is brilliant. Everything is walking distance away. Décor is nice and the staff have been excellent. Whether it was arranging for a car or given advice where to go. The downside was that the junior suite I had booked, was oddly planned. The second room which had an fold up extra bed, was kind of waste of space. In the end we just used it as a luggage room. Normal rooms looked great. I just wish that the hotel where everything was great, needs to do something about their premium rooms.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent my last night here before flying back to Europe. The hotel entrance is small, reception staff courteous and friendly though I did notice the welcoming information was word for word identical for each guest...not very personal. My room (Queen deluxe) wasn't huge, but it was chic and modern and very pleasant for one night. Not a room with a view (just a narrow courtyard between the opposite building). The spacious washbasin with huge mirror was in the bedroom area which I found rather strange, the separate small bathroom had bath with shower and toilet. The tall mirror on the inside of the closet door would have been better fixed on the inside of the bathroom door, just a minor point. The area near Union Square is one of the best and perfect for reaching shops, cafes, bars, restaurants etc. on foot. (I have stayed twice in Geary Street hotels and was just once approached by a beggar. Happens in all cities. Beware of the Tenderloin area!) All in all, a pleasant stay at a fair price for the location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Know what you are paying for. This is an old hotel, good location, but age is apparent everywhere. We had 2 rooms. One was so small the 4 of us could not comfortably have a drink together. he larger room (one couple got an unrequested upgrade) was OK, but the lock plat was hanging off the door, and there were large holes in the floor under the carpet. We did appreciate what they are going for, and loved the risqué blinds! Overall just an Ok experience, but we must say the concierge was amazing! made excellent recommendations for italian and breakfast spots, and even made the calls to get us last minute reservations for dinner, and confirm corkage charges etc. We would stay there again for the price. Stay away from room overlooking the front of the hotel. We were up all night from road and pedestrian noise (some gaps in the windows)

1 Thank Trent J
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Trent J,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. I have located your room number from your recent stay I am currently looking into what you have described in your comments. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please be assure these issue will be addressed.

I hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,