“What are your priorities in a hotel?”
Review of Hotel Diva

Hotel Diva
Ranked #114 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
macpwv
“What are your priorities in a hotel?”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The price is reasonable for San Fran. For that you get a pedestal sink, sm. bathroom and sm. bedroom BUT over the top friendly and accommodating staff, GREAT location for Union Square shopping! local eateries ( Daily Grill and 24/7 diner for breakfast) Bourbon and Branch ( speakeasy thats adorable and not to be missed ) and Fino, suburb Italian food in the questionable Andrews Hotel. The area may be the fringe of the Tenderloin, but we felt safe walking in the day/night. Toss up as to whether I would rec. it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank macpwv
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Macpwv,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva. I hope you will think of us once again on your next visit to San Francisco.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Best regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I want to give this n excellent, but the murphy bed was awful and I was drawn to this because we needed to have two separate sleeping spaces for the 9 days we were going to be there. The rooms are small, but truly what we got was location and cleanliness. Friendly staff every step of the way. Not just front desk but everyone you need is right outside the door. Great places for breakfast lunch and dinner. Two blocks from Union Square so easy access to public transportation. Would stay again, but would check out the bed first

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stay at this great little hotel whenever I am in San Francisco. The location cannot be beat as it is walking distance to so many great venues including the Curran Theater, dining, and shopping (Union Square). There is even a Starbucks in the lobby and a great tapas place next door. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and I found the rooms to be comfortable and uniquely furnished. If you sign up for their emails, you can get great deals from time to time, even complimentary parking or free Starbucks cards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Personality H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Julia B,

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Diva! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time and experience with us. We hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco. Look out for our new package page with unique deals and offers, launching soon!

We hope to see you soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Firstly, the staff were great, no issues there. Extremely friendly and attentive.

My primary concerns had to do with the room appointments. I felt like the hotel had undergone a fairly recent conversion but more work towards soundproofing and modernization is in order. I stayed in a Junior Suite and I'm 6'1" and I felt like a giant in this room.

The bathroom was very, very small. There were no vents or fans in the bathroom so moisture buildup was a definite issue.

The room furniture while stylish was very low to the floor and not so functional or comfortable if you are taller.

I slept in the murphy bed and I felt like it would have really benefitted from a good pillow-top pad addition, it was quite uncomfortable.

The floors were very creaky and we could hear our adjoining neighbor's conversations quite clearly in the room.

Also, there is a small inside courtyard but it's not accessible to any of the guests and rooms on this side are probably quieter but they are darker.

Many of the guests (my party included) noticed that the elevators didn't indicate whether they were going up or down until you were in the elevator having selected the floors and it resulted in some unexpected travels.

Valet parking is pricey at $40/night and they recommend calling about 30 mins before you need to leave and I'd heed that advice.

At this hotel's price point, my expectations start to rise and while this hotel is an ok value for San Francisco, I think a little tweak here and there would go a long way in making this a solid mid-range hotel in Downtown SF.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
lopezv, Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Lightning79,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We most certainly appreciate your feedback. Please be assured that we will look into the points you have mentioned on your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Diva.

Best regards,
Virgil Lopez
Hotel Manager
Downey, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at Hotel Diva for 3 nights June 2014 from the time we walked in I was pleased. The hotel staff are super friendly-nice people so willing to help with whatever is needed! We had a junior suite room for a group of 4 and it was really spacious the beds were really comfortable. The only thing was the bathroom was really small and thats ok but it did not have a vent it was really hard to change inside the small bathroom after taking a shower. The hotel has fun lounges loved the Perrier one so chic! It has a nice gym, staircase that you can step out on in every floor and enjoy the SF views. Loved that they had a Starbucks right next door so convinient, lots of restaurants nearby and union square just 2 blocks down. A great experience at this hotel loved it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Personality H, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Diva, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hi lissethg103,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and share it with other travelers. It's so helpful for us to know what made your experience so special. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning for your next trip to San Francisco. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and was not disappointed with the price and value that I got. I shopped for days since this area is saturated with hotel and came upon this one. The hotel is in a good location and we walked to several bars, restaurants and even AT&T park. We took the tip of several reviewers and asked for a quiet room, which led us to be assigned to an almost closet like room at the very end of the hall. We had a queen bed and the view of a brick wall. The room was so small I had to put my suitcase on the table. I didn't spend too much time in the room so it wasn't too much of an issue. The only real complaint I would have is that parking at the hotel cost about $40 a night. We needed our car so we had no choice to valet and giving them a 30 minute advanced notice to get the car when we wanted it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. The staff were very helpful and always greeted us in a friendly manner. The hotel is centrally located and convenient for many bus routes (some of the 'clientele' that we met on the buses around San Francisco definitely made for an interesting trip, you'll see what I mean, especially if travelling at night)! The Pinecrest Diner across the road and Sears around the corner were both very nice breakfast locations. I particularly liked the lounges around the hotel which offered chilled water, various teas and a microwave. Our room was pleasant, if a bit tight. The Fitness Centre, was also nice, but again, a bit small. Overall I enjoyed the stay and would recommend to the hotel. The beds were also comfortable, which is always a positive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi CJF97,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Diva and accomodating to our intimate hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. We hope you will think of us again on your next visit to San Francisco.

See you next time!