The hotel is a hit on many levels. It's located in the center of everything; you literally don't have to cross the street for shopping, restaurants, or to get transportation (even public transportation). My room was on the fourth floor and faced Mission Street. I could see the rooftop of the adjacent building, the Mission Street parking garage and the InterContinental Hotel (with the blue tinted glass) towering behind it. It was pretty spacious, clean, and well-appointed with a safe, well-stocked mini-bar, etc. The bathroom was equally spacious, clean, and well-appointed. The HD TV was huge with great signal. However, I spent most of my time outside and didn't get to use the TV as much. I did not hear any outside traffic noises except for the occasional muted siren from emergency vehicles.
Another hit was that apparently I was on the "green" plan, which meant I had a $10 credit for use towards the mini-bar. I didn't know about it until I checked out, but the front desk agent gave me bottles of water instead. Oh, the front desk staff were very nice and never failed to greet me each time I returned to the hotel.
The misses: while some people complain about parking, I consider it a cost of doing business with all San Francisco hotels, so I would not count parking as a miss -- especially as I didn't use that service. Some of the minor misses would be having to hear the occupants in adjacent rooms (but it sounded like they were talking extra-loud and being extra-exuberant); if they spoke in their normal volumes I suppose I wouldn't hear a thing. The a/c unit was also quite loud, but didn't bother me too much. I'd rather be in a noisy cool room than a quiet, but overly warm room (plus I always bring earplugs). The double-paned window opened could open, which is what I did on my first day. When I looked to the side-street below, I saw a bunch of industrial trash containers. Not a great sight and you don't see them if you look straight out the window. However, the trash containers are kind of smelly and there are flies. I mention this not because of the smell (which I didn't notice) but because a fly found its way into the room. I managed to chase it back out and I kept the window shut from then on. That's it, I don't have much else to complain about.
A hotel like this deserves multiple return visits, which I intend to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco