“Perfectly Groovy, Hip, Chic, Swanky, Superb Service and Gorgeous Staff”

Hotel Zetta San Francisco
Ranked #32 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have always loved hotels and have had just about every job you could have in one. Worked my way up from Holiday Inn's to Ritz-Carlton's so I have a pretty seasoned eye and for detail and service standards. The Zetta is a very remarkable and memorable property in my book. Many hotels have amenities and location but its just pretty paint and carpet if your staff isn't on board.
The staff there is just fantastic. Everyone you encounter is genuinely friendly, outgoing and you can tell they enjoy where they are working.
Even though I have lived in San Francisco for 20 years now I love to check into one of our fine hotels for a night or weekend and I rarely stay at the same place more than once. I didn't want to leave the Zetta and will definitely stay there again and looking forward to it soon.
Benjamin, Jeremy, Greg, Kiley, Taylor, Anthony, Paul and Brian, thanks for the outstanding experience!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank johnny94110
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Johnny94110,
We love you too and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
I am thrilled that we are becoming one of your favorite! Thank you for mentioning so many in our team, it means a lot to us.
Safe travels,
Benjamin Duverge - General Manger

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The good:
- Excellent location
- Nice room
- Friendly staff

The bad:
- Noise

I got a very nice room, but it had that "shared" door to another room. The problem was the noise... They have a "ding" sound when people enters the room. I could hear it many times from other rooms, not good. And I could hear everything from the room next to mine, through the shared door. I had to change my room because I could not sleep with people talking loud, music, TV, etc.

I would stay there again for sure, it is a really good hotel. The staff did what they could to help me to get a quieter room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, without shared doors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zowa_BR

Dear Zowa_BR
As you mentioned we have a lot going for us, great location, new rooms and above all a very friendly team.I hope you had a chance to experience our restaurant and our Playroom on the 2nd floor, they are a lot of fun!
I am glad that the team was able to assist you finding a quiet room as we have plenty. Our engineer and housekeeping team is investigating the "Ding" sound as it is very unusual and will be easily fixed.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Friendly staff, quiet rooms, modern and clean. Good central location near Union Square and SoMa. Blue Bottle coffee is across the street. Bed is really comfortable--great linens and pillows. This is more of a couples/business hotel than a family hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitraveling1
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Mitraveling1,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed all that we have to offer and that the team made a difference during your stay.
I hope you had a chance to enjoy our playroom with our pool table, Plinko game and shuffle board, it is a fun place for adults and children alike.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Reading reviews of it,we ended to choose Zetta when visiting SF. Staff is fantastic, points for that. Style and décor, slightly confusing if you ask me. It was kind of cool, but still I feel there was a ghost of former hotel float in the air over the Zetta, was it Milano earlier..? The way I feel, it is not renewed 100%, not all the way to final, in room nor corridor.. If deliberately, in that case, as said i was confused.. Air con was very loud in my room, always woke up for that noise, when it turn on. Location next to Westfield and shopping is nice. Evening time, well it´s 5th street..So I will have to say it feels more 3 star hotel, sorry.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank KILLE10
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I live in a small house in San Francisco, but, like most of my friends I am not a native. So, when my parents flew in from Mexico city, I set them up at the Zetta because it is close to shopping, museums and Union Square. We had a delicious dinner at the Cavalier in the Hotel, but, the best part was playing pool with my Dad and Jinga with my wife and parents on their last night. This hotel has a good balance between style, price and location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilan J
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just spent another weekend in San Francisco and chose to stay at Hotel Zetta after having a great first visit on our last trip. The hotel was every bit as wonderful as the first time. The staff is incredibly kind and attentive. The front desk even remembered our names and room without prompting. Our beautiful suite was spacious, clean, and quiet and the beds are really comfortable. The location for Hotel Zetta is amazing. Being so close to Union Square, San Francisco Center and Market Street make getting around the city really easy. I would definitely recommend this to any visitor to San Francisco.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryantcameron
Benjamin D, General Manager at Hotel Zetta San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Bryantcameron,
Thank you for staying with us and for the great recommendation on Trip Advisor. Looking at your pictures, it seems that you had a lot of fun with our 2 story Plinko wall. I hope you had a chance to enjoy our on site restaurant and our Playroom on the second floor. They are both an unique and playful experience.
The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,
Safe travels,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

While the location is unbeatable for those of us who shop for hours at San Francisco Center Westfield, there is little else to say favorably for Hotel Zetta. First, they committed my Number One Sin of deficient housekeeping -- the alarm clock was left on and went off loudly. The previous guest was waking up early and suddenly, so were we. But even putting that aside, the whole place suffers from a confused design aesthetic (Ironic 70's references? Farmhouse chic? Ice cold minimalism?). Whatever the style is supposed to be, the outcome feels like they're trying way, way too hard to be clever and using cheap materials and finishes to conceal the aesthetic confusion. This hotel will not hold up well.

With so many other great choices nearby, Hotel Zetta is a no go for us.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank mtnview9

Dear mtnview9,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am disappointed that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as this is our goal with all of our guests, rest assured that I have addressed your comments with my team.
We are indeed a very unique and different hotel and some of the design elements may not resonate with everybody. However I can assure you that the dedication and genuine friendliness of the team combined with a great on site restaurant and a fun Playroom makes us one most exciting hotel in San Francisco. Hopefully we will have chance to welcoming you back.