Stayed here during Apple's WWDC which is held in Moscone West a couple of blocks from the hotel. Convenience clearly a factor in my choice, but the staff were great, the rooms large and the shower ... well, let's just say that you would be hard pressed to find a more powerful shower fitted to a water cannon ;-)
Oddly, the in-house restaurant doesn't serve a full english breakfast at, er, breakfast time - only at lunch time, which is simply daft. Partly as a result, we ended up spending most of our breakfast times in Cafe Venue next door which does the most amazing breakfast burritos, but I digress ...
Hotel Zetta is well situated for the conference centre, and we also found it a convenient location for sight seeing - by bus (the 71 goes to the botanic gardens for example), cable car (lombard street and then on foot to fisherman's wharf) or indeed by Taxi. It's situated in a FLAT area of San Francisco and once you've been up and down a few hills, you'll appreciate the reason for my capitals.
There's a great Italian restaurant across the road in Mint 54 and the food options at the top of the Westfield next door are surprisingly good for lunch too.
The hotel melted quietly into the background during our stay, no dramas, no problems, just a well run friendly upscale boutique that would definitely be on my shortlist the next time we return to San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city of exquisitely edgy contrasts, Hotel Zetta offers a high level of sophistication and service without taking itself too seriously. The vibrant décor and sustainable architecture lend an innovative, creative vibe, while the high-tech conveniences, oversized guestrooms and plush pillow top beds keep things modernand always relaxed. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously techy-savvy SoMa district and walking distance to Union Square, Hotel Zetta invites style-seeking travelers and local professionals to work, connect, play and get inspired.Located in the heart of San Francisco’s famously hip SoMa Distict, Hotel Zetta offers 116 fashionable rooms and suites to style-seeking business travelers, culture-seeking out-of-towners and local professionals. Work-hard-play-hard business travelers can customize in-room work spaces with over-sized butcher block desks and a bevy of high-tech conveniences, from Internet-ready Samsung 46” smart TVs with access to apps like Facebook, Twitter and Netflix, to G-LINK™ docking stations that let you wirelessly stream videos from your mobile devices to your TV. Want to escape the bustle of the city without actually leaving the city? Our amenity-rich urban enclaves elevate downtime with down comforters and imported linens atop sumptuous pillow top beds, complimentary Neil George bath and body amenities, and Illy coffee espresso machines. Each room's unique quality is accented with a one-of-a-kind tapestry; a stunning collage of antique Oriental rugs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Zetta San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milano Hotel San Francisco
- Hotel Milano San Francisco
- Milano San Francisco