“Great hostel!!”
Review of Adelaide Hostel

Adelaide Hostel
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The dorm rooms were really good (tiny curtains in front of the beds) and very clean, the showers and bathrooms were very clean as well, the staff was super friendly. Breakfast was good and so were the evening activities. One of the best hostels I've ever been to :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mschnb

Reviewed 21 July 2014

room for 2 was reasonable for the price - nice place to explore the city. facilities were good, breakfast ok (bagels, oatmeal, fruits) - walking distance to union square and geary street. we travelled as a couple and stayed there for two nights. we would definitely recommend this hostel again (the single rooms)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank trevisora
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After traveling in Europe and Australia you kinda start to miss the hostel culture/kinks. This hostel has an awesome free breakfast, nightly activities, involvement from local tours/activities, a friendly staff, and an ideal location downtown. All these things combined they foster great international traveling relations. The only thing I would tell people to remember is that it is a youth hostel, not a B and B. (although again, the breakfast was outstanding for a continental) One of the people in my room was exceedingly pissed that people stayed out till 0200 and he got woken up every time they came in.

I'm so glad that hostels are starting to pop up like this one in America. Had a blast while I was there and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Again, it is a HOSTEL! All the beds are bunk style in the rooms I stayed in. Be a heavy sleeper and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 315whitey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here while I was in SF. Stayed in a dorm on the second floor. Bathrooms were clean and staff were helpful.
Great little spot to meet fun people from all over and the location is ideal. I spent a lot of time on Polk st eating and late nights with friends. Close to union square, but whatever... better shopping on polk st anyway. Check out Relove! Super cute little shop!

Room Tip: Privates are in a different building, and you'll meet more people if you're in a dorm.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Madge P
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a four nights in July. I must say this is hands down the best hostel I've visited in all my travels.

The staff was super helpful and sweet. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The beds were comfortable and private (there are curtains on each bunk!).

It looks like the hostel has revamped the space. it looks really cool inside. With a lounge to hang out in and computers to use for free!

just awesome!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ricohampton
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the Adelaide Hostel during the last week of May 2014. It was a mere 3 blocks from the Hilton where my conference was being held. I reserved a bed in a 6-person room. My original room was overrun by very messy women who took all of the footlockers. I complained and the staff quickly assigned me to a bed in another room. I checked for bedbugs and found none. I really liked how each bed has it's own curtain for privacy and there is a small light and outlet above each bed. The room had a single sink and mirror. There were at least two showers with toilets, and a separate toilet on the floor. I never had to wait to use the bathroom or shower. The lobby decor was nicely done -- part bohemian, part safehouse (if you've ever lived in Milwaukee, you'll understand). There were regular pub crawls which many attended. I stayed for 4 nights and the bill was under $200. For that area, you just can't beat it.

Room Tip: Oh, the top bunks are high up and you climb up via a bunk ladder. I had a top bunk at first and whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kris C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Don't stay here! I stayed ONE night in golden gate and ended up with over 50 bed bug bites over my entire body, neck, chest, shoulders, ear, hands, thighs, calves, feet. Everywhere!

I was just getting into my bed when I saw a bug on the wall dividing the bunks. Turned out to be a bedbug so I started inspecting blankets then pillow. It was midnight but I flipped out and asked to be moved to a new room, as I was supposed to be there two more nights. I was shaking, there were two huge ones just laying under my pillow with a freshly laid egg and filled with my blood from the night before.

In order to move rooms I had to shower and wash all of my clothes. I had to go out after midnight to buy a new outfit. Only thing open was a Walgreens so I had to pay $25 for a mens beer pajama outfit. Then to wash all of my clothes was $8. I didn't get to bed till 3 am!

I had to throw out my purse because there were baby bedbugs in it. And buy anti itching cream because it was unbearable.

No reimbursement and I was constantly inspecting my things, and could hardly sleep the rest of my time there.

Don't stay here!!!