Clift Hotel San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Warwick San Francisco(San Francisco)
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)
Hotel Spero(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Post Hotel(San Francisco)
3,732 results
All reviewsredwood roomredwood barvelvet roomphilippe starckunion squarehip hotelgeary streethotel barjunior suitetenderloinbusiness triplobby arealocation is greatvalet parkingtwo blockscorner roomcuba
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My experience was pretty bad at this hotel. The receptionist, James was rude. He gave us a room with one king bed when our res was for 2 beds, he even saw the three of us!!! Then he gave us a room that someone was already sleeping in!!! That went on from 1:30 to 2:30 AM. This hotel is AWFULL!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank LadyBuggie
James_Mays, Manager at Clift Hotel San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am truly sorry that you were left with any impression that did not express our sincerest desire to provide the best level of service possible. Our Guest's satisfaction is our top priority and I truly hope we will have the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful experience should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Clift.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Pros:
- centrally located
- hip lobby (though dark)
- free bike rental included
- really god bed

Cons:
- too narrow bathroom, hard to squeeze onto toilet (room 535)
- bloodstain on bed linnen
- most dirty windows seen for years
- safe too small for laptop
- soap series that dries your skin, not moisturizing
- seal on Voss water in minibar broken

Average, too expensive to the prize

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, both positive and constructive. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the location of our historical establishment if not the layout of your accommodations. We have many rooms that vary in size and design so that we have a variety of options for our various guest's requests. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our top priority and I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Clift so that you may experience all that we have to offer as we make every effort to get you right!
Warm Regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The rate varied for our 4 night stay. The first night was at approx. $400.00 + tax and lower the other nights. Being a holiday weekend I figured it would be pricey. Our friends who reside in SF warned that we would be on the edge of sketchiness, they were right, but it didn't bother us, as we've used common sense and didn't hang out late at night at those areas. The hotel is located near Union Square, which is a shopping district, from Sacks Fifth avenue, Tiffany all the way to Forever 21, H&M and such.

The location is great in my opinion, you can walk to many areas. We had a meeting at Twitter, so walked via Market St. (mainly the sketchy part) to get to our meeting at Twitter, but no big deal, again, common sense. The hotel is pretty cool. The lobby is decorated with avant decor. The giant throne like chair is a "big highlight" and a lot of fun.

Our room was situated on a high floor but right in front of elevator and it's foyer, so on check-out mornings a little noisy as people (unfortunately) lacks common sense at times, even though the door where you are standing in front of with your massive luggage, where states "Do Not Disturb". I believe the hotel gave us a high floor to compensate for the location of the room and that our tub was "exfoliating", yes, peeling away, right about where one would place their body, one decided to take a bubble bath, needless to say, I didn't. They compensated by carrying one of my favorites hotel toiletries.

Now, for the gran-finale! The Redwood Lounge! Gorgeous, but hard to get, even though you are a paying guest of the hotel. The 3 times we showed up for a drink we were told that we needed reservations but could possibly sit for 45 minutes and would have to give up our sitting as tables were reserved for bottle service only. That to me, is an anti-climate and the hotel should reserve tables for their patrons (guests of hotels to be precise) a table or two. They are very popular and get patrons from all over the area including other hotels. To be honest, it didn't dawn on me to reserve the lounge during my stay, so I recommend that if you do plan on getting a table at the Redwood Lounge, but be aware of the bottle service, which is nothing more than a minimum $350.00 I think scenario. It's for the party scene people…. "showing off, being noticed, getting lucky scene, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, I recommend the lounge, it has surprising decor, if you google you'll find out, but I rather not spoil the surprise ;-)

Ordered Breakfast via room service, very efficient and fuss free. I'm not a huge fan of Eggs Benedict, but the "Dungeness Crab Eggs Benedict was delicious" (I'm a huge fan of crab), and this was the best Benedict I've ever had.

Overall, a cool property to stay, overpriced on full price nights? Perhaps, but that's San Francisco for you! And yes, many has left their hearts in SF, I believe mine was left years ago, a much better time, as I find SF dirty and overcrowd now, with a large homeless and drug addicts population and solicited every where we went. Cheers

Room Tip: Higher floors if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Really nice hotel @ SF Downtonw prime location. Everything is on walking distance!

The whole hotel concept is awesome, from the decor to the amenities. There is nothing like waking up with an awesome city view, in a really confortable bed and linens. At the end of the day, you can stop by Redwood Room and have a fancy drink.

For sure is pricey, but totally worth it! Besides, once in a while you can get away with a good deal. In addition, their customer service is top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for available upgrades, you can get a better room with city view for free!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Modern decor, large rooms and bathrooms with plenty of space for storage.
Redwood Room was a really nice bar with great drinks and small bites. The food was a bit on the high side for what you get, but a good alternative if you'd rather stay in vs. going out again after a long day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple