I stayed for 4 nights at Clift San Francisco in May 2014, in general my stay was good, the hotel is very well located close to the union square, the room was big, comfy, clean and the hotel staff was helpful and kind. However, there were two main issues that made my stay a little bit frustrating:
1) There is a bar at the hotel lobby that gets too crowded at night, lots of people making noise and walking all over the hotel, mainly at the lobby. Looks like you are in a party, not recommended for a family trip.
2) My stay was pre-paid by the company I have business with, however the hotel charged me not only all nights but also the breakfast that I had one morning, by the way the breakfast was included in my stay for all nights. Later on, when I got back to Brazil, I realize those charges (stay & breakfast), called the hotel and they assumed their mistake, however didn't refund the breakfast charge, even though it was also pre-paid as I said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An inspired fusion of old-world hotel elegance with distinctly contemporary energy and glamour, the nearly century-old CLIFT’s modern and daring sense of diversity perfectly captures the city’s spirit. Steps from Union Square shopping and the legendary Nob Hill, CLIFT is perfectly located for sightseeing, shopping and socializing. Designed by Philippe Starck, the soaring lobby contains one of the most eclectic furniture collections in all of California ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Clift Hotel San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clift San Francisco
- San Francisco Clift Hotel