Inn on Castro
US$195
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$432
US$215
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$214
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$421
US$209
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$454
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bcastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janbreakfast tablehome away from homefresh fruitevery morningprivate bathtwin peaksbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayf linerestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Inn on Castro offers 2 styles of accommodation, hotel and apartment. We wanted apartment on Castro as we were staying for a week. We picked Inn/hotel was on a lovely spot on Castro st, we did not realize the apartment was a walk up the hill to Caselli street. The apartment was in lovely quiet neighbourhood, but not near exciting Castro Street and area. Never the less, it was a nice stay, with 2 bedrooms, big kitchen and living room. The apartment did need some maintenance, internal doors, and also kitchen cabinets needed some work.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Craig H
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had a wonderful stay! Jan loves what he does and it shows! The second I walk in the door he greeted me and made me feel at home. He provided me with a map of the city and a list of restraunts to eat at. The breakfast is absolutely amazing! The Inn was very clean and cozy as was the bed I slept in. I really did feel like I was at my home away from home during my stay. I will definately be staying there again on my next trip to San Francisco!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2012

It is hard to say what is better, the gourmet breakfast served with the grace, every day we had different plates, the attention to detail of the decor, the absolute gracefulness of Jan the host. Meticulous in directions and fantastic in advise concerning restaurants or shows. The location is perfect with the antique F tram leisurely getting you downtown or the fast muni, connecting to trips farther afield.
I have never rated anything perfect, but this one is it. Not to be faulted, well .... The wifi was a bit fickle at times but promptly reset when mentioned. Even the Japanese made sure there was a little imperfection in their masterwork.
The Castro of course is a vibrant area with always something happening.
Thanks Jan !

Room Tip: The white room has a fantastic view. There was normal traffic noise. Great decorations and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arie V
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Jan, the host at Inn at Castro, is a man who loves what he does and his warmth and humour will have you immediately feeling at home. He's been running B&Bs for 20 years, so he's quick to offer up a map, reviews of local restaurants and advice on how to get started in the city.

He had wonderful advice on the attractions of the city, including free tours, what shows were in town and transportation discounts, and he's a go-to source for anything you need to know or arrange while you're there.

The Inn itself is immaculate. Rooms are lovely, cleaned daily and thoughtfully stocked. Ours, in a quiet location on the ground level, had an iPod dock radio, a TV with seemingly limitless channels, nice ambient lighting, robes in the closet, toiletries and nice ambient lighting.

I thought it was kind of romantic. There are various types of rooms, over 3 levels. We chose a suite of rooms with no windows to the outside because we wanted quiet, and it was cozy and comfortable to come back to. We had access to a sweet rear courtyard which had lovely sun in the mornings.

As other reviewers have mentioned, breakfast is a real treat, and in addition to a table laden with food, there is a choice of two cooked dishes every morning.

Location-wise, the Castro MUNI subway and the streetcar stop are less than 5 minutes away. One of the compelling reasons to use Castro as a base to explore SF is that nearly every train line runs through the station, making transport quick and convenient. It's also the terminal for the F-line streetcar, which runs up and down Market Street. Inn at Castro lets you take full advantage of this convenience because it's literally a quick walk across the intersection to be home.

Castro is full of cafes, bars and restaurants, so it has attractions of its own for travelers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CreativeSpark
Reviewed 5 March 2012

It has been 6 months since I was in San Fran and what a memory,the White room I stayed in for 5 nights and what a view,a little noisy as this is close to an intersection,however I slept well,the breakfasts great,Jan so courteous and a good host,the Castro to me was a unique area with the street cars consistently coming and going,this inn is good fun and in San Fran when I come again I am staying here.The complimentary fridge extras were a service,the coffee great.Thanks Jan.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo