“As comfortable as home.”
Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
Ranked #1 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Yellow room in which I stayed had its own private bathroom complete with shower. Jan pronounced (yawn) was the most invitingly friendly host. He cooked breakfast each morning personally and has a talent for making wonderful delights.

The location is up a slight hill half a block north of market street but that's a small price to pay for quiet, clean, safe, private accommodations. I would gladly stay at here whenever I can during future trips to SF. What a delight.

Room Tip: The yellow room is the intermediate value room for this property. It is more than most travelers wi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick_W001

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn on Castro. Comfortable room, great location for what we wanted to do, excellent host, and fantabulous breakfast. There are also a lot of great restaurants nearby. The only negatives I will mention is that parking is tough and on Friday night the entire city of San Francisco was on the street below our window. Can you say NOISY?? They have free earplugs but sadly, we didn't see them until the next day. All in all it was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Sharing a bathroom is not my thing. The White Room has a private bath.
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It was our second time in SF, and our first at the Inn on Castro. What a treat! Perfect location, nice room, super breakfast, fresh tulips (even in our bathroom) and a good conversation, with Jan and many of the other guests. Never imposing though, it was all so pleasant and relaxt. This is a place we will definitely come back to.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

My partner and I returned for our 1-year anniversary, after meeting in the Castro (I was staying at the Inn on Castro). So we returned for our anniversary and the place remains as fantastic a place as the first time. Jan is a wonderful host and is very insightful - stay here and you'll find out why. Jan likes to mingle with the guests and ensure that they have a pleasant stay. At breakfast, I found the food to be tasty and cooked fresh, to order. I highly recommend the French Toast! It's also an ideal time to meet other guests in an open and relaxed atmosphere. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very clean, tastefully furnished place with great attention to fetail. When I saw the fresh flowers in our room I knew we made the right choice. location is perfect, breakfast was wonderful. Jan does a great job in his B&B

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Fabulous location, Fabulous host, and Fabulous breakfast.

Room Tip: the Red Room is quiet and a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FabulousFace
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've stayed at the Inn on Castro a number of times and also in one of the apartments. Either way these properties are a wonderful choice if you want to be in a good location with great amenities. Breakfast at the Inn is reliably delicious and special and accompanied by good conversation, if you desire it. Jan de Gier will answer any questions and provide you with excellent advice about the neighborhood and beyond. If you want to feel like a part of the city rather than a tourist, this is one of your best choices. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo