Inn on Castro
US$190
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$235
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$170
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$288
  • Fitness centre
US$512
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bcastro areamuni stationbrown roomother guestspatio suitehost janbreakfast tablehome away from homefresh fruitevery morningprivate bathtwin peaksbreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayf linerestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Jan and the staff of Inn on Castro are in a class of their own. From simple things like helping to chose a restaurant or navigating through the attractions in San Francisco to spending time making us feel welcomed and ensuring that we started the day with great breakfast and kind words - Jan made our experience memorable and effortless.
One can expect to be spoiled with fresh flowers adorning the Inn, good food, clean rooms, helpful advice, a great location, and just enough of a "personal touch" that shows Jan's dedication to making his guests feel special.
Our stay at Inn on Castro was worth every penny, and it definitely will not be
the last. Many thanks to Jan and staff for making my first trip to San Francisco a truly memorable experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My friend an I wanted to experience Castro from within and also have a place with room for us to enjoy with our own space. The Apartment provided all of this and more. Spacious with everything you could need in a great location, two mins from Castro street. It was easy to book and when we arrived Jan gave us a lovely welcome, going through a map of San Francisco, pointing us in all the right directions and local hotspots, telling us to get a city pass which is a must and giving us a low down on where to eat. The only two things that could have been improved on where perhaps a courtesy call during the week to check everything was ok, although we had his number for emergencies. Also he did nit really confirm a check out time with us until he popped by the day before, he told us it was twelve and the next day we had some early visitors ready to check in at one. I don't know how he turned the place around in time, so maybe he should leave more time in between and clarify. However, this is minor picking at an otherwise brilliant stay and I would again.

Room Tip: Best place if you want a big place to chill out in but be only a couple of streets from all the action
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Very good stay at the hotel. Jan and the staff are lovely. Breakfasts are delicious, organics, healthy with delicious cupcakes !
The place is very well located with bus, tram and metro closed.
I stayed for 11 days and I enjoyed a lot Inn On Castro and I would recommend without moderation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We booked well in advance as is necessary with this fantastic B n B. I have stayed here now 3 times and each have been wonderful. While just one block away from the Castro district, the Inn is quiet day and night. The hospitaility is fanstastic as are the breakfasts. While the rates have gone up since I first stayed, which was 5 years ago, I still find the Inn reasonably priced and a good find for anyone who can plan a few months ahead.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My partner and I stayed in the Hideaway Room for four nights - it was our first time in San Francisco. Melanie and Jan made us feel very welcome and were great with informing us about the area etc. The room was quaint - very quiet with a well stocked fridge and fresh fruit. I think the bed could be replaced as I think it had seen a few years - it was pretty hard and sunk in the middle, but that was the only negative experience of our stay.

Jan cooks THE MOST beautiful breakfast of a morning - it is SO yummy and fresh! He obviously takes great pride in his business.

The location is just fantastic, with great restaurants, transportation and laundromats very close by.

I don't know when I will be back in San Fran again, but I would certainly stay back at the Inn on Castro.

Room Tip: The Hideaway Room has its own bathroom and is really quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple