“What a stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
Ranked #2 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“What a stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at inn on castor for my first few days in San Fran. What a brilliant decision.
The rooms are brilliant and the location is great if you just want to hang out.
Jan makes a fantastic breakfast that sets you up for the day.
It's great value and a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sophiefroud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I travel regularly to the Bay area for family and leisure. Before I book, I think to myself ... "you really should try some place new". And then I come to my senses and realize I have already found the best of the best in B&B's. I enjoy my stay for several reasons including the cleanliness, good value, and grand hospitality. Another reason is you always meet someone new at breakfast and learn something you didn't know beforehand. People from all over the world stay at the Inn and that's refreshing and cultivating. Thanks Jan and staff for all the hard work and great place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2014

...because of the amazing hospitality from our host Jan. over a delicious home made and charmingly presented breakfast every morning we could talk to him and other guests about places to go, things to do, local geography, history and politics, as well as the practicalities of public transport and local restaurants. In addition the room was very comfortable, scrupulously clean, with a pleasant view and a well stocked free drinks fridge. Staying here makes you feel relaxed and well cared for. We couldn't have asked for more. Genuinely a delightful place to stay and really better than a hotel stay.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is a superb "home from home", ideally situated in the heart of the Castro. Although in the Gay area, it caters for all communities. The room I had at the front of the house was very comfortable indeed, the breakfast was of an equally high standard. The hosts couldn't have been nicer.

A top rate place to stay.

Room Tip: The front room is very good, looking out onto the Castro, your private facilities are down the hall...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Atlast12
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I can't say enough good things about our stay at Inn on Castro. We had stayed here about ten years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit and this time we stayed in one of the suite which was surprisingly roomy, The furnishings are nice without being fussy, and there was a beautiful garden area in the back of the side of the building with the suite rooms. Jan is one of the most gracious hosts I have ever met, with a lot of attention to detail, and his breakfasts were outstanding. We are definitely satisfied and repeat customers.

Room Tip: I think the main rooms are quite good but the suite this time was a nice upgrade for the price.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Staying at The Inn On Castro was a wonderful experience. The room was immaculate, the sheets were ironed (what a treat), and breakfast was delicious. I can't say enough about my host Jan, and Carin, who greeted me when I first arrived. They were so helpful in suggesting activities and ways to get there (for the direction challenged such as me). I would definitely stay at The Inn On Castro again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank glorygirl53
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were excellently looked after by the innkeeper! Lovely breakfast options, cozy room. You can't beat the central location - close to everything. Jan had great suggestions of what to see and do. We'll definitely stay there again.

2 Thank Porter6169