“Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn on Castro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on Castro
Ranked #2 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Inn on Castro is simple amazing. The rooms are clean and well maintained, you are a block from public transit stops, and the community style breakfasts each morning are not only delicious but a great way to meet others and hear about their time in San Fran. The staff is beyond friendly and knowledgeable about the area and what to do while visiting. If you are visiting San Fran, you must stay at the Inn on Castro!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the building, i.e. off the street, are a bit quiter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay there! The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is very good, very close to Castro Muni Station. Breakfast is delicious, with fresh eggs, bread and juices. I definetly recomend this place and I am surely going back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in San Francisco! I get a feeling what it might be like to live in San Francisco when I stay there, and to me, that is far better than some large corporate hotel. This place is a hidden jewel. I love the style and decor of the Inn on Castro, and it is always spotlessly clean. Jan and his staff are wonderful and very helpful. The breakfasts are great! I can't say enough about how much I love this place, and I heartily recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Donald D
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is an apartment with two bedrooms, one full and one half bath. It had a full kitchen, small balcony, garden access and living room. I rented for my sisters visit for 5 nights. It was comfortable and cosy. Parking was reasonable for San Francisco. Close enough to the Castro neighborhood for easy access to bars, restaurants, and public transportation. Far enough from the busy area to be quiet and give a neighborhood experience. Daily maid service is not provided as it is like renting an apartment. Staff was very accommodating. My only concern was the furnishings especially in the dining area and living room were badly in need of repair and updating. Chairs in the living room were uncomfortable. Dining table top was loose in danger of toppling. Most outlets in the kitchen did not work making it difficult to use toaster or charge cell phones. Neighbors next door had 2 or 3 small children who were noisy in the back yard. Did not bother me at all but some care more about that. It is just part of being in a neighborhood. I would definately rent here again, but would hope to find some updated furnishings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

It was our first time in San Francisco and at a bed and breakfast. We LOVED the Inn On Castro!! Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The Inn was clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious and sustaining. I would definitely recommend the Inn on Castro to friends and family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth W
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the B&B for 5 nights. I have never stayed at a B&B before & was a little apprehensive. This place was top notch!! It was clean, beds were comfortable,decor was nice. Breakfast every morning was delicious, restaurant quality, cooked to order. Jan & his staff were so nice, professional & helped make this a great experience. Would definitely stay here again & highly recommend it for anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rjv358
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently spent the weekend in San Francisco and had a great time at the Inn on Castro! We stayed in the Green Room and it was the prefect spot, a super cute room with all the amenities we needed. We could not have asked for a better location, right near all the great restaurants and different things to do as well as a subway station to go anywhere in the city. The staff were all very friendly and made an excellent breakfast in the morning. I would definitely stay here again if I go back to San Francisco!

Room Tip: We loved the green room, it was a little noisy from the street, but that did not bother us!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple