1,300 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeevalet parkingstreet noisenob hillcentral location
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay on the 12th floor of the Kensington Park Hotel. It was far enough from street noise near Union Square. The hotel is very convenient to shopping, dining and transportation. The hotel staff is very accommodating and friendly. The room was quite comfortable and the bed was soft with a feather bed mattress topper. Loved the feather pillows. The shower has good pressure and never ran out of hot water. Fruit water and sherry is served in the lobby early evening. There is no breakfast offered but coffee and juice is available on the 11th floor. The internet service in the room is very good and there is a computer room on the 5th floor. The concierge's are very helpful. This was a good choice for our recent stay in San Francisco.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was a great hotel, service is very personalized and attentive. The concierges, both Bob and Giovanni were a great help. The room itself is like many city hotel rooms - small. The bathroom had a stall shower which I normally like but no where to put your shampoo etc. And the sink was a pedestal sink which also is a problem. There simply was no where to effectively blow dry your hair or put on makeup. The shower head was awful and they did change it to a better one when I told the front desk of the problem. But honestly they were just minor inconveniences. Their service, along with the price and location make up for it. There is no air conditioning in the hotel which I was surprised at. They did have ceiling fan and with the window open (I was grateful to have an interior room) was cool enough at night, but I think I would have liked to have AC. I guess I never read about no AC on either trip advisor or the travel site I booked it with. Never thought in the USA a hotel in a major city would not. The location was very good which was just down the street from Union Square. For the money and if not traveling there in Summer time I would stay there again.

Room Tip: As long as they have no AC, make sure you get an interior facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CookieCahill
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We started our California holiday here and were given a lovely welcome on check in. We stayed 3 nights and had a good night sleep every night. The room was at the back of the hotel and was quiet, a little small but very clean. The location could not have been better, right on Union Square, perfect for shopping, sightseeing and public transport. We could not believe how good this hotel was for the price we paid, a lot less expensive than similar hotels locally. Would use this hotel again if we were lucky enough to visit San Francisco in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank annb30
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear annb30,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear you had a quiet room and a good night sleep every night. A good night sleep is very important especially while you’re traveling.

One of the biggest “selling points” to the hotel is that we are close to Union Square, restaurants and not to mention shopping. I am glad you took advantage of our location.

I am truly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Dispite renovations, this property is worn. Fixtures are tired, water pressure is sketchy. But the staff is engaged and engaging. And the location just can't be beat. Much more attractively priced than competing properties in the same neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jawper
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Dear jawper,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate that you were succinct with positive and constructive on your experience. Although we receive compliments of our water pressure, we are sorry to hear you felt our water pressure is sketchy.

We can assure you it is with great detail and time that we review our guest’s feedback and will most certainly be taking into consideration with future developments.

We appreciate the recognition of our staff efforts to provide friendly service.

We value your business and would like the opportunity to serve you once again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend of shopping in the city. Service was great, everyone was very nice. The hotel lobby is large & inviting with several seating areas. They offer water, coffee, tea & sherry in the afteroon. They also had live soothing music (pianist & guitar player) in the early evening. Concierges, Ruben & Bob, were very helpful storing our bags & for directions.

The room itself was clean & large compared to other boutiquey hotels I've stayed in in the city. The room we got was on the 11th floor which had coffee & tea offered in the mornings.

The hotel is one block from Union Square, great for shopping & easily accessible to the Powell line cable car or the BART. Everything was great about this hotel except there is no a/c in the rooms, just a ceiling fan. You would think you wouldn't need it but it was unusually warm the weekend we were there with the city at 85 degrees, so warm even at night just a light sweater was needed. Overall a great hotel to stay at.

Would definitely stay again if in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear twinmom8,

We appreciate taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the opportunity to share this special girl’s weekend with you and your friends. The staff at Kensington Park thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I will pass on your nice comments to Ruben and Bob. I am sure they will appreciate the mention.

I am thrilled to hear that you felt our rooms were clean and large than other boutique hotels you stayed; I hope you will make us your home away from home when visiting San Francisco.

I am glad you enjoyed our amenities with the pianist and guitar player.

You’re absolutely right; we normally don’t have this kind of weather.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.