1,341 results
All reviews union square elks lodge complimentary sherry great location post street ceiling fan around the corner cable car there is no air conditioning charming hotel front desk staff valet parking tea and coffee central location nob hill two double beds corner room
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel set in the centre of San Francisco.
The staff were wonderful, the bedroom was clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our weeks' stay at the hotel. We'd recommend it to anyone travelling to the city.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Angela M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We’d like to thank you for your great compliments of Kensington Park, and we are glad you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to future guests, as there is no greater compliment.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week. When we first arrived we were concerned with the noise level we could hear outside. When we talked to the front desk they found another room for us immediately and moved us the next day. The second room floor 6 room 15 was backed up against another building and was so quiet. The staff was so helpful with everything we needed: directions, tours, airport shuttle arrangements. The location is fabulous for the cable cars as well.

Dear funkyflu82,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear the front desk took care of you promptly; we take pride in exceeding all of our guest expectations.

I am delighted to hear that overall, you enjoyed the hotel, service, and location.

Once again, thank you for your time and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Location can't be beat. About 1/2 block from Union Square and a cable car line. The room was an adequate size as was the bathroom. Our room had lots of storage and a mini fridge. Love the history of the place and the lobby is gorgeous. Staff are SUPER friendly and helpful (concierge Bob rules!). I've seen some complaints of noise and no A/C on here, but you are in the heart of it all so if you don't like city noise, perhaps one shouldn't stay in a city and open the window. It's SF. The only "complaints" are a little more counter space in the loo would be nice (but no diff from what I have at home so not a big deal) and a fan in the bathroom would also be nice. (So really, I have no complaints). Stay here if you like boutique hotels.

Room tip: We were in room 36 which was street side, but loved it.
1  Thank jennD719
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear jennD719,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the details you provided to advice fellow travelers of tips, locations, and feedback that made your stay successful.

The staff of Kensington Park thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I am sure the entire staff will appreciate the mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed in the Kensington Park Hotel in September for a week. The hotel is really friendly, all the staff so nice and very helpful. We stayed at the end of a 2 week trip visiting canyons, parks etc. to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and were presented with a bottle of wine for his birthday. Lovely gesture. The hotel is almost on Union Square and right next to the cable car line. Our view was not good but then we didnt go to San Francisco to look out the window! I would like to suggest to the management that they might consider putting safes in the rooms. It was great having coffee and juice freely available in the morning and the sherry in the afternoon. Lovely touch! Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Francisco.

Date of stay: September 2013

Dear sootydog,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Our staff takes pride in the quality of experience they deliver to our guest’s everyday; they will be delighted to hear that they could be a part of making your stay memorable.

I want to thank you for your suggesting and I can assure you it is a great suggesting and we will most certainly be taking it into consideration with future developments.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel appears very nice , has a great location and a wonderful staff but many shortcomings. The electrical outlets in out room were all loose and many times did not hold plugs ( waking up to uncharged phones in the morning is annoying). The shower had in consistent temperature and frequently had to get out and the stream would change to scalding to freezing and back again. The walls are very thin and we heard whole conversations of the girls next door and can hear into other people bathrooms through ours. It takes longer than 20 for them to retrieve your car despite what they say. The staff is nice though and try their best to apologize but there is only so much they can do ...

1  Thank Sammadd
Dimitar S, Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Sammadd,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay at Kensington Park Hotel. We value your business and I would like the opportunity to have you back as my guest in the future.
Please feel free to contact me when you plan your next trip and I will personally take care of your accommodations.

Dimitar Stanev