“THE Best!!!”

The Kensington Park Hotel
Ranked #76 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I was very lucky to find this hotel, it was my first trip to san francisco so i had no clue where should i stay, lucky for me i so the reviews on this hotel and the price was OK, so i booked for 4 day, and let me let you... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, this is very important when visiting SFO, beacuse there are a lot of homeless in some areas, the personal was very kind! Gloria on the front desk help us out with everything, restaurants, places to see, maps, how to get to places, even where we should not go!! And Lilian the manager extremly kind! They refound me for the last night i couldnt stay because of my fly! I totaly recomend this Hotel! Is clean, cussy, near... Perfect! Truly love it! Ps the bed was very confortable!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandropirul
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Alejandropirul,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you found our guest’s room clean and the beds to be comfortable.
I agreed with you our location is very convenient for shopping, dinning, and theaters.

It is wonderful to hear how impressed you were with the service provided by Gloria. Your comments regarding our staff and the way she interacts are particularly valuable. I will pass on your comments. I am sure Gloria will appreciate the mention.

Thank you for recommending Kensington Park to our future guests.

I want to personally thank you for your comment. It was my pleasure serving you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Lilia Calvario

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Charming hotel, aptely named "personality hotel"! Every Wed and Fri afternoon they have live music in the hall, with a pianist that will delight your ears while you are enjoying the free tea and sherry ;-) The location is perfect, on the "nice" part of Post Street (last block before Union Square), so I felt safe strolling around the Square at night, even if I was traveling solo. In the same building of the hotel there is the San Francisco Playhouse, so you can go from your room to the theatre without even going out on the street. Staff extremely helpful and nice.
On the "down" side, cleanliness could be inproved a bit. Also the soundproofing is quite poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing Post Street
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank artedicarte
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Artedicarte,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We cannot recall a time where I felt so proud and overwhelmed by the words of our guests, it’s a great pleasure to be part of aptly named Personality Hotels and I would like to personally thank you for chosen us.

Our guests are our top priority in all aspects of their stay; and they will be delighted to hear they were successful in exceeding your expectations.

Thanks you for providing so many details and insights for our future guests.

I can assure you it is with great detail of improving the soundproof and in time we will most certainly be taking into consideration with future developments. We assure you that we will speak to Housekeeping Department to best follow-up on details of the cleaning.

We take our guests feedback very seriously and thank you for sharing your comments with us so we can best improve the quality of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice hotel, rooms I found a bit small but no complaints. Location was decent. enjoyed this city more than anything else. Good value hotel. Good to explore the city from. The service was also decent. And good pricing

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tash A

Dear Tash A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to hear you felt our rooms were small, but we do have a variety of room types to accommodate different preferences. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you once again in the future.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our beautiful city of San Francisco.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Location was pretty good. It was a very quaint hotel, has a lot of history, clean and comfortable. Couldn't find any faults with this hotel just think there would be more modern hotels. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Joanne R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to know that you found our hotel convenient to everything our beautiful city has to offer. Still, I am unhappy to learn that your visit was not a complete success.

We value your business and we ask that you allow us another opportunity to serve you. We do have other Personality Hotels properties that will fit your needs. When the occasion arises, please contact me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel set in the centre of San Francisco.
The staff were wonderful, the bedroom was clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our weeks' stay at the hotel. We'd recommend it to anyone travelling to the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Angela M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We’d like to thank you for your great compliments of Kensington Park, and we are glad you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to future guests, as there is no greater compliment.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week. When we first arrived we were concerned with the noise level we could hear outside. When we talked to the front desk they found another room for us immediately and moved us the next day. The second room floor 6 room 15 was backed up against another building and was so quiet. The staff was so helpful with everything we needed: directions, tours, airport shuttle arrangements. The location is fabulous for the cable cars as well.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear funkyflu82,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear the front desk took care of you promptly; we take pride in exceeding all of our guest expectations.

I am delighted to hear that overall, you enjoyed the hotel, service, and location.

Once again, thank you for your time and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Location can't be beat. About 1/2 block from Union Square and a cable car line. The room was an adequate size as was the bathroom. Our room had lots of storage and a mini fridge. Love the history of the place and the lobby is gorgeous. Staff are SUPER friendly and helpful (concierge Bob rules!). I've seen some complaints of noise and no A/C on here, but you are in the heart of it all so if you don't like city noise, perhaps one shouldn't stay in a city and open the window. It's SF. The only "complaints" are a little more counter space in the loo would be nice (but no diff from what I have at home so not a big deal) and a fan in the bathroom would also be nice. (So really, I have no complaints). Stay here if you like boutique hotels.

Room Tip: We were in room 36 which was street side, but loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennD719
lcalvario, Guest Relations Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear jennD719,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your review providing so many details and insights. I am particularly struck by the details you provided to advice fellow travelers of tips, locations, and feedback that made your stay successful.

The staff of Kensington Park thrives to offer the best service we can possibly deliver to our guests and comments such as yours motivates us even more. I am sure the entire staff will appreciate the mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.