1,298 results
All reviewsunion squareelks lodgecomplimentary sherrygreat locationpost streetceiling fanaround the cornercable carthere is no air conditioningcharming hotelfront desk staffhalf blocktea and coffeevalet parkingstreet noisenob hillcentral location
Reviewed 4 January 2018

We got a deal and ended up paying about 150 a night all in for this hotel. I would have not wanted to spend more than that. The bed was comfy enough and the location was great, but the bathroom was tiny and had like no water pressure. There was a weird fish smell going on in the lobby and elevator, but luckily it didnt permeate to our room. No onsite gym, no mini bar, no snack cafe place to buy food. It gives you the basics and a location convenient to lots of things.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Sue L, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Audrey L,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our bed as well as the location, but I am sorry to hear there are some other issues that didn't meet your expectation. We hope you would choose Kensington Park Hotel for your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I️ stayed here for New Years Eve and booked it thru Hotel Tonight App. What set this hotel apart from the other choices was the valet, room service from Morton’s and LOCATION.

| P A R K I️ NG |
We stayed for NYE so it was $65+tax to park which was expected due to the holiday. We wanted to make sure our car was safe and NOT parked in a public parking and walk blocks to the hotel. However when we arrived it was very busy & with the one way street we blocked traffic because the valet attendant was not there and we waited for about 30 min until the front desk told us to park on the white curb and leave the keys with her and the valet attendant will take care of the car. NO in&outs after 6pm.

| C H E C K in |
Purchasing via Hotel Tonight App & checking in was no problem. However, out of all the hotels I’ve stayed in, Kensington is the most strictest. I’m assuming because of the holiday...I️ had to sign a contract that stating I️ wasn’t going to throw a party in the room and my guest & I️ were required to wear a plastic black bracelet to set us apart from random guest. Also no smoking in room, that is a $400 fee, just go outside.

| R O O M |
Being that I purchased via Hotel Tonight, the only room available for me and my guest was one queen bed, which was fine. The room is very charming with lots of space. One thing I️ was looking for was the AC because I️ love my room to be COLD being from Southern California, however there was only a heater available. You are able to crack the windows about 3 inches and there was a ceiling fan. The room has a TV, desk, closet space, one chair and 5 pillows. We didn’t have a refrigerator but the ice machine was conveniently located 3 doors down.

| B A T H R O O M |
I️ have confessed I️ am a bathroom snob. The bathroom was a decent size, sink was a little small to hold my toiletries & tray above sink was a little too high for me. It was a walk in shower with a curtain!!! (I hate tubs) but the only pet peeve I️ would have to say about the bathroom would be that I could not FIND THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE! It would either be very COLD or kinda warm. And the shower pressure was very light.

| R O O M S E R V I️ C E |
Unavailable. I have never stayed at a hotel that didn’t have some type of food or kitchen available during anytime of the day. When I️ called for room service around 12:30AM I️ wasn’t aware that it was just MORTONS providing the food, I️ thought Morton’s was just a bonus. I️ was told Morton is closed but there is food places around the area that might be open. I️ called for room service, I️ wasn’t interested in walking in the cold to get my food...

| B R E A K F A S T |
In the morning, I️ heard an employee with very high energy letting guest know there was fresh coffee. I️ was curious so I️ stepped outside and approached me and waved me over to get some really good coffee. Haha he made my morning with his high energy, and the coffee station was conveniently located in a small nook on our floor. Not sure if that is on every floor but that was very charming.

| C H E C K I️ N G out |
I️ tried to do it over the phone, which is what I️ usually do at other hotels, however they asked me to come downstairs and return the keys to check out. Also they warned us during check in when we need our car, call 20 minutes before however New Year’s Day took about 35 minutes

Overall, enjoyed my stay. Good family hotel in the middle of union square.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lacquerella,

Thank you for taking your time to share your detail comments with us on tripadvisor. We much appreciate it that our guest can take the to share the good and bad comments with us so it let us know the problems and also gives us reason to better improve our hotel for any future guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your NYE. The no party policy actually only applies on NYE for the safety and concern of other guests. I am sorry the valet has taken a longer than 20 minutes to deliver your car, and I will assure to talk the valet company in regard of it. I hope you would choose Kensington Park Hotel for your future visit in San Francisco. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

This hotel has a great location! Accessible to the main tourist spots and shopping area. Also, hotel has a great service! It was our first time in San Francisco and upon check-in, they have helped us with our luggages and took good care of it when they knew that our Alcatraz trip will be in less than an hour. I forgot his name but he is the Filipino guy there. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Definitely, we recommend it to people visiting San Francisco!

P.S. Thank you very much for the room upgrade! You guys are the best!

Room Tip: Request if they could put you on the 12th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Sue L, Assistant Genreal Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Vic-TheTravelPill,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your comments with us and gave us a 5 stars ranking. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the stay as well as the upgrade. I will share your kind word with my front desk team. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We spent three days in the city and picked this hotel for price and location but were given so much more. Hotels location is walking distance to Union Center shopping, two blocks from China Town and a good choice of restaurants. Staff was warm, inviting and knowledgeable. Hotel had beautiful ceilings and chandeliers even the elevator. Our room was very clean and bedding was fantastic, very comfortable. Complimentary coffee and tea. Our view from our room overlooked the city. The biggest treat was the San Francisco Playhouse was accessible from the second floor and we were able to get tickets to see the musical "A Christmas Story". it was great and the theater was also beautiful

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsy E

Dear Betsy E,

Thank you for taking your time to share your beautiful comments with us on tripadvisor and gave us a 5 stars ranking. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in our hotel again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

It was my first time visiting San Francisco and this hotel happened to be at a very very good rate surrounded by other 5 star hotels because it was right by Union Square. Hotel room was clean, there were free refreshments (iced water, coffee/tea, Sherry) everyday for the guests.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Sue L, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Maia R,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comment with us on tripadvisor and gave us a 5 stars. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will choose Kensington Park Hotel for your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.