“Excellent place to stay!!!!”
Review of Parker Guest House

Parker Guest House
Ranked #2 of 73 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Dover, New Hampshire
“Excellent place to stay!!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This was a great bed and breakfast to stay at. Although the rooms were a little small they were more than adequate considering how much time we spent in the room. Breakfast (continental) was ready and waiting everymorning and we loved the wine hour every day. We were able to meet some fun people at the wine hour and have a few laughs. It's very close to public transportation which we used multiple times on a daily basis. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone else.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shannonmtaylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Highland, Maryland
Reviewed 10 June 2011

There were do many good things about Parker (location, cleanliness, service) that it is hard to be critical. I have never been in a B&B that did such a great jobe of explaining every detail from check in to check out. We had a "lower level" room which while very comfy, gave me the feeling of sleeping in a cave - particularly on gloomy San Fran days. Not being a city dweller, I was also not accustomed to the noise from the street cars or feet overhead. If those are not issues for you, this is a great place to stay - close to many restaurants, transportation and other services. And who wouldn't want to have a delightful breakfast with Parker the Pug every morning!!"

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pumpduster
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2011

The staff at Parker Guest House are very friendly. Our room was very comfortable and had a huge bathroom. The location is very good for sightseeing. Next time we're in San Francisco, I expect we'll stay at Parker again.

There are two minor points I want to mention:
-The TV in the room was a very old tube TV. For the price of the room, I would expect a moderately sized LCD or plasma flat-screen TV. But since we don't really spend much time watching TV while traveling, this is a really, really minor point and not enough to detract from an excellent rating.
-The breakfast at Parker Guest House is really just an extensive continental breakfast. At first, I was confused by this because other Bed & Breakfast places typically have a fancy, cooked breakfast. But after our first breakfast there, I realized I much prefer Parker's breakfast setup. I could eat what I wanted and as much as I wanted. The seating was more flexible. And we didn't have to stick to an arbitrary breakfast schedule. So in hindsight, I consider this a plus, but other travelers may expect a fancier breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2011

One of the nicest of the city's bed and breakfast inns, well-presented Parker Guest House is only a few minutes' walk from the Castro. Two buildings make up the business and in-between is a charming garden with various places to sit in sun or shade and enjoy the quiet setting and fountain. The owners do position their hotel as being upmarket and it is quite pricey - but you should see what property prices are in this area!! Our room was comfortable and smart with a good bathroom; just outside our room was an inviting lounge area and kitchenette where coffee was 'on the go' in the morning. Wi-fi is free. Plenty local information. Parking is available at about $20/day - very useful here. Breakfast was an enjoyable, help-yourself affair - very American and laid-back; fresh baked items, fruit, yoghurts and more; sit in the kitchen, on the terrace or in a conservatory-style dining area. (A small dog was usually present - that might not please everyone.) The main entrance hall has period elegance and the owners take obvious pride in their business. I would go back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaryMQ
West Hollywood
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stay here every 3-4 months when I come to San Francisco for business. As I spend a lot of time in hotels on work trips, it's so refreshing to stay here, where I feel like I'm visiting friends. They are extremely friendly and professional and the rooms are always immaculate. I have had quite a number of wonderful conversations with fellow guests at their afternoon wine social as well. It is a convenient walk to the bars and restaurants in the Castro district and I would highly recommend this to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anderson11262
Parker520, Owner at Parker Guest House, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Thank you so very much for your kind feed back. Our guests are what makes our inn a great place to stay. If there is ever anything else we can do to make your future stays better, please let us know. We appreciate your business very much.
UK
Reviewed 24 April 2011

This really lived up to its Trip Advisor reviews. We really miss the place and would go back in a shot. We will be recommending it to any friends travelling that way. The room was great - comfortable and well equipped. The Guest House itself is beautiful with a superb garden to while away time reading and relaxing. The position suited us perfectly - combines the buzz of Castro with the fantastic Mission area - really great restaurants and bars nearby and the wonderful Delores Park for picnics is right next door. Internet access on the computer in the lounge was very helpful. With transport on the doorstep to head downtown this was the ideal place for us to enjoy real San Francisco. And last but definitely not least - the staff are simply fantastic; we were so well looked after and really didn't want to leave. I think you can gather we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickW067067
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Parker Guest House and highly recommend it. We have been to the city many of times but only recently discovered this gem. It is in a great location and the inn is super cute. We even stayed in a room with a shared bath which wasn't a problem. The breakfast is continental and has the basic stuff. The wine social early evening is a great way to meet other guests. Scott was super helpful and always took diligence in calling a cab when we needed it. We had a problem accessing the internet in the room at first but I used the comupter free for guests. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple