“Home Away From Home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Home Away From Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

After 8 years staying at Parker House it should feel like home (always the same room!) But it didn't take 8 years -- that was true after the first stay in 2005. The staff treats me like an old friend and the room has gradually upgraded over the years -- the owners always responsive to my suggestions. This time they asked & I couldn't think of anything to improve!
No matter what my reason for being in SF -- I'll always want Parker House to be my home base.

Room Tip: Sorry, I won't do that -- someone might choose my favorite room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

It's always a pleasure to stay at the Parker House. I stayed there for the fourth time in December 2013, and it was as outstanding an experience as ever. The staff is gracious, welcoming and fun. The rooms and public spaces were immaculate and well-appointed. The breakfast was delicious and readily available. The location is perfect for the Castro, and for transportation to other parts of the city. The Parker House has my unqualified endorsement.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are probably quieter than those facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anthony W
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I found it on Google Maps, but many who stayed there had graced the halls before. A gracious Bed & Breakfast, with a delightful set of gardens and a lively social hour. Staying there for 12 days was just the ticket for seeing family and the city with ease (a block from the J line to my son and downtown and 4 from the N to my SF daughter). Excellent food within a hop, skip, and a jump and you have ideal spot for enjoying the city. I can't say enough about the wonderful and thoughtful service we received. I knew I'd feel at home the minute I walked in; and did I mention brandy by the fireplace?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Phyllis G
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was our second stay (visiting family.) Coming up the front steps, all I could think was that it was like coming home. The staff is warm, friendly, welcoming, helpful but unobtrusive. The rooms are comfortable and always immaculate; the breakfast dining area is cheery, well stocked with easy guest access. Fresh coffee (a truly outstanding brew, and I'm fussy) is available all day. Because Parker House is actually two Victorian houses combined to make an enclosed "campus," there is an extensive garden between the two houses with multiple seating areas. Lovely place to read a book or chat with friends. There is also a fireplace (gas) in the parlor going all day, another lovely sitting area. There are easy access restaurants up the street and around the corner, and while there is a trolley line that goes past the front door, I found the overall neighborhood quiet and the ambience restful. My only caution is - there are steps. There was plenty of prompt help with the suitcases, but you still have to get up and down the steps yourself. They can be a little steep. It is San Francisco, after all. Having said that, I'm already looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Call. Discuss your needs (quiet, less steps, etc.) The staff is very good at matching guests with ro...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

On my fourth visit over the years, this last one again made clear what a terrific place is Parker Guest House. The staff is caring and professional, the location is perfect, the facilities are inviting and the rooms could not be more comfortable or clean. We'll be back!

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here when we visited our children in SF. We were greeted by Scott who went out of his way to welcome us, took care of our car and bags and showed us our room. The house is fabulous. A beautiful oasis in the middle of SF with wonderful turn-of-the-century elegance. You just feel nice in those rooms. Our room was a quieter one in the rear of the building. The bathroom was spotless and large. Everything was well thought out. We didn't have time to partake in the afternoon wine and cheese, but the continental breakfast had everything you could want. We would highly recommend the Parker Guest House.

Room Tip: We had room 26, which overlooks the garden. While you won't hear the streetcars that run in fro...
1 Thank a18ion
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently in San Fran for work and spent a few extra nights at Parker House. Beautiful house, great location near the Castro and Mission areas, attentive and friendly staff and comfy accommodations. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Jr. King Suite w/ private bath.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo