“Pleasant Surprise”

and 1 more site!
Parker Guest House
Ranked #3 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I could only stay one day/night at the guest house, and I had such a great stay that I was disappointed I couldn't stay longer. Recommended by a friend, I nonetheless didn't expect a lot, though expected to like it enough. Once I got there, and was greeted by the friendly staff, and after a quick tour, I took an immediate liking to place. The room was comfortable and clean, the common areas were neat and comfortable. There was a small kitchen in one house, and a breakfast room in the other house. Both were comfortable and handy. I was lucky that the other guests I met at the wine social were very friendly. it added to the great casual vibe. The continental breakfast had a good selection of food, nothing extraordinary, but good for a start of the day. The guest house is in fact a house, so you could hear the other guests, if they were too loud talking or walking. It added to the charm, and I wasn't bothered by it. But others might be.

Location was fabulous, close to Castro and the Mission. Perfect for exploring the area, which has a lot of great restaurants and shops, as well as being a fun neighbourhood.

I totally would come back again, and would make this B&B a go-to for accommodations in SF!

Room Tip: Like any house, noise can travel pretty easily. One has to be willing to look past that, and it'...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank icybeta

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The guest house has a lot of charm, and is situated ideally at the edge of the Castro and Mission neighborhoods. Steps away from the J line and buses. The staff were all very friendly. The beds were among the most comfortable I have ever experienced away from home. The breakfast was adequate with typical full continental selection. The breakfast area was a particularly lovely room with windows that were sunny and overlooking the garden. I found the ceiling above my room could use some noise insulation as the footsteps of the guests above me were a bit loud (second house downstairs room). I found the property otherwise quiet, although a friend staying in the lower level at the front of the main house could hear the train go by. The room I had was a nice size and the bathroom was roomy. Has a sauna on the property open 4-10 pm but I didn't use it. Terrific choice for a San Francisco vacation!

Room Tip: See if you can have an upstairs room and preferably toward the rear of the property where the garden...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Location couldn't possibly be better. A couple blocks away from the Castro theater, one block away from Dolores Park. Easy access to public transportation -- the J line passes right in front of the hotel, all the other subway lines are a 5' walk away.

Great rooms, friendly service, lovely breakfast. The (not so little) garden is really pretty.

What else do you want? :)

Room Tip: There is a Junior King Suite with a private garden. The other rooms are great, but that one is AWES...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank domenico.carbotta
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have never been one for B&B accomodations. So much so that I use it as a "trick" question for new employees ("Where would you rather stay, a full-service hotel or a B&B?"). However, one night at the Parker Guest House has made me rethink my stance on the subject. The accomodations are superior. The staff could not possibly be more hospitable. The room was delightful. The shared rooms were lovely. And the breakfast for this Mama Bear was "just right." My only regret is that I could not stay longer .... but that will be corrected as I certainly plan to return. Thank you, Parker Guest House people!

Room Tip: Due to my last minute reservation, the only room available was on the bottom floor. It was a smaller...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Parker520, Owner at Parker Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate it very much. Hope you can stay for more than one night next time ;-). Take care and thanks again. Parker Guest House Staff.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

i only spent 2 nights, but I had such a wonderful time.The staff was so friendly and helpful, the property was beautiful and my room was clean and comfortable. If I ever get back to San Francisco, I will definitely stay at the Parker House again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnHellwig
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Love this place! We were in the first of two adjacent properties that have been converted to a B&B. The first house is Edwardian and retains a number of original features. Our room - we had a suite - was very roomy, light and airy, right over the office, with a nice bathroom which had a small balcony that overlooked the lovely courtyard between the two buildings. The price, especially compared to hotels in which I have stayed while in San Francisco, is reasonable. The furnishings were all lovely, though far from modern, as such a historic house should have.
Loved the fact that the "J Church" trolley line runs right in front of the Guest House. Since a car is problematic in the city, the convenience of the trolley was an excellent feature. We had easy access to downtown. Simply riding the trolley to the Powell Street stop gave us access to both BART, the cable cars and the F line historic trolley lines all at one place.
We used BART to get downtown from the airport, then took the "J Church" trolley to the B&B when we arrived. We suggest purchasing 3 or 7 day MUNI tickets, as they are good for trolleys, buses, cable cars and trolley buses, let alone getting you to the Parker Guest House.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank spk52819
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We just returned from a glorious week in San Francisco, made even more memorable by the delightful stay at the Parker Guest House. The staff could not have been more friendly and hospitable. As I mentioned more than once - I truly felt I was a guest in the home of friends. The location was great: an easy walk to BART and MUNI stations and a bus line right on Church Street. The neighborhood is full of little cafes, shops and restaurants, while the rest of San Francisco is easily accessible. The guest house is an urban oasis, with lots of outdoor seating areas and garden space. Inside is equally as charming from the sunny breakfast porch to the cozy fireplaced living room, complete with brandy and games. Guest rooms are in one of 2 buildings - both with common space and 24/7 coffee and tea. Other perks were the sumptuous breakfasts with lots of fresh fruit and the afternoon wine and nibbles. The atmosphere of the PGH allows for friendly conversation among guests, while still feeling like you aren't vacationing with them all! There is no doubt that we will return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family