“The Perfect place to stay”
Review of Parker Guest House

and 1 more site!
Parker Guest House
Ranked #3 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After a friend recommended we stay at Parker Guest House while attending the San Francisco Jewish film festival, we were so glad that we took his advice. Comparing a stay at one of the most upscale hotels in any city, Parker Guest House was just as nice and much more comfortable. It is like you are in a beautiful home with hosts who care only about your pleasure. However, it is nicer than being in someone's home as you have the privacy and you don't need to worry about your hosts. An expanded continental breakfast is served every morning from 7:30 to 10am (until 11am on Sunday mornings) and you can either sit in the enclosed porch area or outside in the gardens. There are copies of NY Times, San Francisco Chronicle and Wall Street Journal to read while you eat. If you want to converse with other guests, that is fine, but you can also sit quietly while having breakfast. My husband particularly enjoyed getting up very early while I slept later. He would have an early breakfast and then, he sat in the living room and read. A lovely way to start the day. We can't say enough about what a good experience we had while at the Parker Guest House for 12 nights. It was home away from home, but even better as we were so well taken care of.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with stairs, you might want to ask for a room on the lower level, however, ther...
1  Thank joanzsher

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Another lovely stay! Flawless attention to detail. The neighborhood is perfect...close to Dolores Park & Castro. The staff is so helpful and friendly. I wish I could live at this place forever! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice guest house and very good staff !! This is our 4th Time in San Francisco and 4th Time in parker guest house. We choose the biggest room / mots expensive too but for seven nights it was very good! Beautiful garden and nice steam bath
Une adresse idéale pour (ré)découvrir castro et San Francisco

Room Tip: Room 30 is the best
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here recently and thrilled to see the place is still the same. Wonderful friendly staff, great atmosphere and clean and comfortable facilities. Very close to the Castro, - the hive of activity. Close to great restaurants and bars, public transport etc. I love this place and encourage anyone thinking about staying here to do so.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back as the trolley going up and down Church St can be noisey.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights here with the hubby. Scott was very helpful and friendly upon checking in. It was exactly what I wanted. Not a hotel but a guest house. Great garden area outside for smokers or just to read and have coffee. Breakfast was continental with yogurt and a few other choices. Nice neighborhood. Close to Dolores Park so can enjoy Morning walk with a view. We stayed in 21 on the first floor. My only issue is that the room is incredibly loud and right on the front gate/door so we heard when people were coming/going and the street cars woke us up early in the AM. I know we opted for the most inexpensive room there and I wanted to upgrade but they were full. The window only opened about 4 inches, would be nice to have gotten some more SF breeze. The separate bathroom was not an issue. We never waited. My fav part was the cute breakfast nook and chatting with the other guests. All in all would return but in a different room for sure or On the 2nd house that has been remodeled. Charming little place!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ChicagoMom1202
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had the most amazing time staying at Parker Guest House in San Francisco.
The House is a beautiful building with lovely guest rooms and relaxing public areas. Each day started with an excellent breakfast served in a pretty breakfast room. At 5.30pm daily the Social hour began with wine and nibbles. This was a great opportunity to mingle with other guests and we have made new friendships as a result. The staff were very friendly and helpful with local information.
After 5 nights there we didn't want to leave!

1  Thank Craig C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't believe how close it was to everything yet set back off the street with a serene garden where I enjoyed my evening glass of wine with fellow guests. Chatting about what they had done that day giving me ideas of what I should add to my itinerary including places to eat.
Scott and the team were so good to me, I really felt like I was staying with friends they left me alone to my own devices yet I always new they were always around to help or for a bit of a chat.
I loved my bedroom, I slept with the windows open every night beautiful breeze and so quite. I really enjoyed the breakfast. They really take pride in looking after their guests and the house itself, lovely little touches, fresh flowers, use of the fridge for guests ( I went to bi-rite one of the days and had a picnic in the garden). I was really impressed and I can't wait to go back. All the best, Siobhan from Dublin.

Room Tip: I was in the 2nd house on the 2nd floor, my room looked out on to the garden, great room, big ensuit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo