“Loved this Place”

Ranked #2 of 72 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Fort Langley, Canada
“Loved this Place”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my sister after 2 nights at a hotel around Union Square. The guest house is absolutley beautiful! In fact, I don't think I would stay in downtown SF the next time I visit. We loved everything about this guest house and the entire Castro neighbourhood. The breakfast is still more of a continental style but we were told that is going to be improved upon in the near future. Totally recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiter room at the back of the house.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Nice little b&b in the heart of the Castro.

Perhaps my expectations were a little too high after reading all the glowing reviews on here, but comparing to other accommodation we've stayed at across the US on this trip I must say I was somewhat disappointed.

We stayed in the King jnr suite.

Pros:
- Nicely appointed rooms
- Excellent location in the heart of the Castro

Cons
- Do some dusting guys (check out the window ledges and light fittings
- Bathroom disappointing
- Lackluster breakfast
- The 'balcony' is hardly that - I was expecting something I could at least sit on

I probably wouldn't recommend this place for younger people (we are in our 30s), clientele here was older and the experience was not as social as we were hoping.

Overall a nice place but there is better value for money out there if you shop around.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelBugNZL
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my fella stayed at the Parker near the Castro and loved the fact that there was a lovely private garden to chill out in after a hard day of sightseeing in San Francisco and that it all felt like a private house. Although not wholly central, we were quite happy to be out of the mayhem that is Union Square and it is an easy ride on the F-Line to get into the very centre of town. The Parker was recommended to us by gay friends but it is not exclusively gay as guests will experience at breakfast time, it all makes for a nice and pleasant mix. Loved it and would stay again. !

Room Tip: Quiet neighbourhood so I am assuming all are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz O
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Parker Guest House was a great find and a highlight to our visit to San Francisco. It is a short trip to other areas in the city and a short walk to one of the best areas for fantastic restaurants. We loved the private garden and the unobtrusive yet very friendly service. Happy hour was also a great treat.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Church Street are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferAHK
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I'm hesitant to write this because I want to be able to get a room next time I come! This is my favorite place to stay in San Fran. The location is great, a lot of the best restaurants are close by. The staff is so courteous and accommodating and the common areas are very peaceful. I will continue to book here again and again, every visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
PA
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I travel to SF several times a year and this is by far the best place to stay. The staff is wonderful, the house is in a neighborhood rather than a commercial district, and public transport is right down the street. It's easy to get here from the airport using the BART and MUNI. Book as soon as you know your schedule because it fills up fast. Also, some of the rooms are not en suite, so double check your reservation if that is important to you.

• Stayed September 2013
Portland Oregon
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After a friend recommended we stay at Parker Guest House while attending the San Francisco Jewish film festival, we were so glad that we took his advice. Comparing a stay at one of the most upscale hotels in any city, Parker Guest House was just as nice and much more comfortable. It is like you are in a beautiful home with hosts who care only about your pleasure. However, it is nicer than being in someone's home as you have the privacy and you don't need to worry about your hosts. An expanded continental breakfast is served every morning from 7:30 to 10am (until 11am on Sunday mornings) and you can either sit in the enclosed porch area or outside in the gardens. There are copies of NY Times, San Francisco Chronicle and Wall Street Journal to read while you eat. If you want to converse with other guests, that is fine, but you can also sit quietly while having breakfast. My husband particularly enjoyed getting up very early while I slept later. He would have an early breakfast and then, he sat in the living room and read. A lovely way to start the day. We can't say enough about what a good experience we had while at the Parker Guest House for 12 nights. It was home away from home, but even better as we were so well taken care of.

Room Tip: If you have an issue with stairs, you might want to ask for a room on the lower level, however, ther...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple