We stayed 3 nights at this B&B with another couple, for a weekend "getaway". My wife and I opted for the larger room 7 ("junior suite"), with a great sitting area and view of the park and cathedral. Our friends were in room 16, smaller, but very quiet and looking into a tiny courtyard. Both rooms were very comfortable and well-appointed. Everything we had read on the hotel website was accurate, and without exagerration.
All staff we encountered during our stay were unfailingly polite and helpful - really the best I've encountered in all my travels (although I usually stay in business hotels; if this level of service is typical of B&Bs, I'll need to keep this in mind).
We had breakfast at the large table in the lounge each morning, and afternoons at 5:30 wine and snacks are served. Both occasions were excellent opportunities to meet other guests and exchane tips on great sights and restaurants.
The location was superb, with an easy walk to Fisherman's Wharf, a couple blocks to Coit Tower, and a huge selection of great restaurants in the area.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco