We stayed at the Washington Square Inn in San Francisco for our first stop on our Californian Tour and we were very pleased with our choice.
The hotel is in the pleasant North Beach area of the city and is idealy situated for exploring San Francisco.
The hotel has an old world charm about it , beautifully furnished and decorated.
Breakfast of which there is ample choice is served either in your room or in the dining area overlooking the Washington Square Park. The dining area gives you a great opportunity to meet with other travellers and enjoy their experiences.
Staff at the hotel were most polite and helpful and there is a hotel laptop to use back in your room should you be travelling without your own.
We booked Room 15, which as the hotel clearly states is not suitable for very tall or large people, given our knowledge of the usual size of an American bedroom we decided that this accomodation would be fine for us. The bedroom itself was fine and adequate for our needs, however it was the en suite room containing the toilet and hand basin that caused us concern regarding its size. In order to use this facility you need to back into the room as there is insufficient room to turnaround.
Also the shower cubicle has a glass door which opens directly into the bedroom which in itself is not a problem but has a step up giving access.
If we were to stay in San Francisco again then the Washington Square Inn would be an obvious choice and we recommend it highly to any other visitor, but we would book a different room number than No 15.
Overall a delightful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Washington Square Inn, a San Francisco bed and breakfast Inn in the city’s legendary North Beach neighborhood, welcomes its guests with all the charm and comfort of a small European hotel. Whether traveling to California for business or recreation, amenities offered with your stay at Washington Square Inn include free wireless Internet access, complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea, evening hors d’oeuvres and wine, and full office services in the lobby. Rooms feature European antiques, cable TV, soft robes and private baths. Some rooms have sitting areas in bay windows, while others offer a cozy atmosphere with private fireplaces. Ideally situated in the very heart of the vibrant North Beach neighborhood, our historic hotel boasts beautiful views of Coit Tower, Russian Hill, Washington Square Park and the Cathedral of Saint Peter and Paul. Washington Square Inn is one of the best San Francisco hotel deals available, offering exemplary bed and breakfast lodging and service at rates ranging from $179 – $329 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Washington Square Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Square Hotel San Francisco
- The Washington Square Inn San Francisco